Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like Rider magazine. Even while they seem to be somewhat technically clueless, they do grab the riding vibe that infects me.

So what the hell am I talking about? I just received the latest issue and thought I'd pass it along. It basically mimicks my thoughts on the subject of which is better, a XC, SG, or Chiefton to a tee.

Conclusion:

If you want a spacious cockpit that allows you to stretch out, has a taut suspension (i.e. it doesn't wallow during aggressive cornering), great frame (that doesn't flex during aggressive cornering) and good power, AND THE BIKE THAT FEELS THE MOST COMPETENT ON A WINDING ROAD, TAKE THE VICTORY!!!

If you want superficial BS, take one of the others.

Thank you for your honesty Rider, I'll be re-subscribing.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I really like Rider magazine. Even while they seem to be somewhat technically clueless, they do grab the riding vibe that infects me.

So what the hell am I talking about? I just received the latest issue and thought I'd pass it along. It basically mimicks my thoughts on the subject of which is better, a XC, SG, or Chiefton to a tee.

Conclusion:

If you want a spacious cockpit that allows you to stretch out, has a taut suspension (i.e. it doesn't wallow during aggressive cornering), great frame (that doesn't flex during aggressive cornering) and good power, AND THE BIKE THAT FEELS THE MOST COMPETENT ON A WINDING ROAD, TAKE THE VICTORY!!!

If you want superficial BS, take one of the others.

Thank you for your honesty Rider, I'll be re-subscribing.
These guys must not be on HD's payroll since they found the freedom to write the obvious. :D

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
With a cast alloy frame and high tech 106 under our butts, we could have guessed that outcome.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With a cast alloy frame and high tech 106 under our butts, we could have guessed that outcome.
"Guessed"...you tickle me. :D

Thing is, I've ridden all these in varying trims. And truth be told I like the Harley Road King a lot. Harleys may not show the dyno numbers for whatever reason, but in real life they feel adequately peppy. To someone who wants long distance 1970 Cadillac Eldorado comfort, there is no alternative. Harleys are cush and a well cut diamond. Personally, it is my favorite looking bike in its class.

I'm sure Pop and a few others won't be thrilled with my assesment, but Indians were disappointing. Not that they aren't perfectly good bikes, but the lack of top end, the heavy steering, the heat off the engine all limited my love for the transporters. I do give them high marks for groovy backing tracks. Sound more Harley than a lot of Harleys.

Ohio has been having some pretty shitty weather lately, but the last few days have been a few degrees above freezing and melted most of the ice off the roads. Every break in the weather that allows me to get outside makes me so happy with the quality of my Vic that it's almost depressing. I'm so used to spending a ton making bikes right. With this thing, everytime I get on it, it's like another day in paradise...no research or aftermarket dollars required.

If loving you is wrong...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts