Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. Just wow.

Where to begin? Apparently he has a High Ball that has a carburetor (???), his Cross Country has a steering wheel, and he drives motorcycles. :rolleyes:

Again... wow.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sheesh...almost makes me wanna cry to see how badly he trashed out that High Ball. He bought a BAAAAAAD cruiser and made it into a Geezer-glide. :crzy: What was the point??

On the other hand, I sure musta wasted a lot of money on my PCV w/ Autotune on a carburated bike like my High Ball....silly me!! ;)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Aww Bandit,
he gave it away with his 850,000 mile, 30yr riding experience statement concluded with I got rid of the "Road Glide" and got the XCT. He is still shaking from all the miles on the Glide..

I equate it to when we would get off the boat (small boys) and your will walk wobbly for a few days till you shook the sea legs...

Not sure about his performance increase numbers of .6 and .7 but if I am not mistaken that would still be making more power than his HD. Well, it's been a long night at work and I needed a good laugh! Thanks bro...

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
My bloods not boiling, my gut is aching cause I can't stop laughing at what this d-bag said.

What a buffoon! :ltr:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have no problem with someone not liking a Victory. No product will please everyone, but he seems to have an attitude and an axe to grind. A man with the riding experience he claims to have, should do enough research and test riding of a bike before he buys it to make sure he is making the right decision.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Wow. Just wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsKhRCVhiRk

Where to begin? Apparently he has a High Ball that has a carburetor (???), his Cross Country has a steering wheel, and he drives motorcycles. :rolleyes:

Again... wow.
I swear, Americans get dumber and more opinionated with each passing day. Makes me wonder who would loan such a person enough dosh to afford such toys...

·
Registered
554 Posts
For the record lot's of people say they drive a motorcycle, also he used velocity stacks from a carburetor on the throttle bodies, he didn't say he had a carb. His comments on the CCT, if it really has an issue with the steering and the dealer isn't helping him then he has a valid point.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Dude can post youtube vids but he can't google up the best performance mods or figure out how to fix whatever issues he's having... Sometimes you get what you deserve.

He should definitely go back to Harley.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anyone who refers to themselves in the 3rd person is instantly qualified as nuts!!! If you have a problem with Victory, there is a better way to handle it, besides embarrassing yourself!

·
Registered
545 Posts
How defensive and hurt y'all behave because someone posts his dissatisfaction with a Victory. What if what he is saying is true... where's your sense of fair play?

I have read a ton of posts about the new CC's not riding well for a number of reasons... mostly wind buffeting. What if he has the wind buffeting issue as well as an issue with his "steering wheel"?

I had major problems with my Vision shortly after I bought it last July... some of you jumped all over me as well for posting my complaints on this forum. My complaints and your bashing didn't help make the problems go away... fixing them myself did. No thanks to those who can only overreact to another's plight with no positive suggestions.

I would suggest that this individual be allowed to air it out and would encourage other CC owners to help him out even if he is not asking for help... quit being schoolyard bullies.

PS... I also noted that not one of the self created critics owns or "drives" a 2012 CC.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree that he may have an issue, but he still needs to get his head out of his ---. he just posted a nice piece about the victory and how he just got his license, but them states in the video that he has over 850.000 miles on a BMW. Something is amiss here.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
How defensive and hurt y'all behave because someone posts his dissatisfaction with a Victory. What if what he is saying is true... where's your sense of fair play?
I don't have a problem with a person discussing their issues with their bike or anything else. It is the presentation that I take issue with.

I have read a ton of posts about the new CC's not riding well for a number of reasons... mostly wind buffeting.
He's riding a CCT. The lowers supposedly correct that problem.

I had major problems with my Vision shortly after I bought it last July... some of you jumped all over me as well for posting my complaints on this forum. My complaints and your bashing didn't help make the problems go away... fixing them myself did.
Bingo!

No thanks to those who can only overreact to another's plight with no positive suggestions.
The person in question didn't ask for suggestions or even make a sensible complaint. "It shakes like hell" "Victory told me to ride with two hands." For a guy with 30 years of riding experience to be so poor at articulating his issue and so ready to insult the bike/company rather than seek solutions, tells me he doesn't know much about motorcycles or even want to resolve the problem. Instead, he wants to publicly humiliate the brand, but in the process, only managed to humiliate himself.

I would suggest that this individual be allowed to air it out and would encourage other CC owners to help him out even if he is not asking for help...
It isn't a case of bullying. More a case of enjoying a little humor at the expense of a loud mouthed hothead.

PS... I also noted that not one of the self created critics owns or "drives" a 2012 CC.
Doesn't mean we haven't ridden them or bikes just like them...

·
Registered
693 Posts
I swear, Americans get dumber and more opinionated with each passing day. Makes me wonder who would loan such a person enough dosh to afford such toys...
Not true. Idiots have always existed and have always had opinions. Difference is, they now have the means to distribute their stupidity for us all to see. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
It does bite to spend that kind of money and be so dissatisfied with what you have. I hear ya Howard, kinda feel for the guy on that.

On the other hand, to purchase that bike and claim it's a vibrating, won't go straight down the road, POS and THEN spend another grand for a stage1 performance upgrade??

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Bandit,
C'mon down to earth ol' boy and let us help you. You've been around this forum long enough to know that there is a wealth of knowledge in here. Using accurate, articulate descriptions, one at a time, tell us what's happening. We really want the opportunity to help, but telling us our baby is ugly, will of course, put us off. Take a deep breath, let it out slowly and tell us what the problems are.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bandit,
C'mon down to earth ol' boy and let us help you. You've been around this forum long enough to know that there is a wealth of knowledge in here. Using accurate, articulate descriptions, one at a time, tell us what's happening. We really want the opportunity to help, but telling us our baby is ugly, will of course, put us off. Take a deep breath, let it out slowly and tell us what the problems are.
Y'all know that this isn't my video, right???? I found it on youtube....

I loved my Vic.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
For the record lot's of people say they drive a motorcycle, also he used velocity stacks from a carburetor on the throttle bodies, he didn't say he had a carb. His comments on the CCT, if it really has an issue with the steering and the dealer isn't helping him then he has a valid point.
Actually, he did say carb...

My thing is that if you have a problem that bad with a bike, either demand satisfaction, or get rid of the bike. Could be something as simple as a wheel that threw a balance weight.

I know MotoPrimo, and they are tops in service in that area, great group of guys who care about their customers. If he was told "ride with 2 hands and it stops", then he has a right to bitch, and demand proper care.

If he thinks he is better off with a Harley for reliability... he is sorely mistaken.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Y'all know that this isn't my video, right???? I found it on youtube....

I loved my Vic.
My calender sez June 4, not April 1. You sure had me fooled. But then again I'm an old fogie who's had a ton of chemo. thumb up

1 - 20 of 35 Posts