Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Navigating this forum, as well as many other things, is so user friendly on a laptop. But on my tablet, its way too frustrating. That's just one of the things that has me staying with a flip phone. Call me a Luddite, but when I'm home, which is most the time, a laptop serves well, and on the road, a flip phone works for calls. If I need to look up something, I get out the tablet. If you are going to comment, "what about music?" I have yet to download my first song. My car has a 6 CD changer (got lots of those) and a cassette player for books on tape we buy at thrift stores. My bike has the best music emanating from the pipes. More I do not need.

That's okay A friend of mine still has a rotary dial telephone hanging on the wall in his kitchen

Reactions: RICZ and BBob

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
That's okay A friend of mine still has a rotary dial telephone hanging on the wall in his kitchen
How cool!.............

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
There are different types of phones out there now?!? :eek

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes thank you, I will definitely search a lot before doing anything. As per the spark plugs that I recently replaced, I am apparently not running lean, but more on the rich side.

See pic...

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Wholley S**T Those plugs are running rich to the point of fouling I would say and are NO WAY normal for even a Lawnmower never mind a Victory. They normally run to the opposite end of the spectrum, too lean with little or no deposits which also is not good. alright, so much for an old post.

·
13,262 Posts
Wholley S**T Those plugs are running rich to the point of fouling I would say and are NO WAY normal for even a Lawnmower never mind a Victory. They normally run to the opposite end of the spectrum, too lean with little or no deposits which also is not good. alright, so much for an old post.
Go pull your plugs you'll see about the same look. Vic's plugs for the most part are black and it doesn't mean your running rich. Now that there is no lead in the gas you don't find many brown colored plugs

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
"Go pull your plugs you'll see about the same look. Vic's plugs for the most part are black and it doesn't mean your running rich.
Now that there is no lead in the gas you don't find many brown colored plugs"
SOOOO TRUE

Reactions: Motorbikerx

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
"Go pull your plugs you'll see about the same look. Vic's plugs for the most part are black and it doesn't mean your running rich.
Now that there is no lead in the gas you don't find many brown colored plugs"
SOOOO TRUE
Yeah...unless of course you fit brand new plugs and do a proper plug chop, which Ive elaborated on before and am not going to again.
and yeah you still wont get anything like the shading when we had lead , toluene etc in fuel,
before we had to be protected from ourselves.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Neither do I with mine, bought my 2010 in late 2013 with 14,400kms on it.
Was solo and stock save for Freedom Performance Slash pipes and the paint.
The paint? Yeah evidently the 2010 Vegas never came out metallic blue.
Love to know it's mysteries but Ive accepted I never will and I ride on.
My 2010 Vegas is metallic blue, original paint...

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
My 2010 Vegas is metallic blue, original paint...
got a pic that shows the colour good?....Ive redone mine in Raven Blue much darker, almost black till the sunlight hits it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
got a pic that shows the colour good?....Ive redone mine in Raven Blue much darker, almost black till the sunlight hits it.
No but I´ll take a picture tomorrow. Its pretty new to me yet...

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
It was a bit dirty, weather is bad today...

https://imgur.com/Tj9RDgx

https://imgur.com/WflIPH3
That looks very close to the "Imperial Blue", as Polaris calls it, that's on my XC. I bet someone repainted the bike after the IB color came out and wanted to stick with a Victory color.

Does it look kinda bland in the shade but really pops in the sun? If so; it's probably IB.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think its to shiny, wanted an 8-ball but this one only had 5000 km on it and a fair price. Paint can always be changed... Love the bike.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
ok this is it, it was always changing, here Ive got the XC front wheel, Kingpin front fender, Kingpin USD forks, Burleigh Bars(1 3/4" stainless)
also got the RPW pipes to complement the extensive engine work.
Later after a u-turning car took me out I ended of repainting a darker more Violet blue

Attachments

Reactions: CanuckRob and Y62

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
I think its to shiny, wanted an 8-ball but this one only had 5000 km on it and a fair price. Paint can always be changed... Love the bike.
Yeah I thought mine was too flash n shiny when I got it, always had black and flat black bikes with minimal chrome, but the idea of a nice looking bike that was different soon grew on me!
You can buy paint in a spray can called "PEEL OFF" here you spray a few coats over shiny clean paint say flat black and then later you can just peel it off!
I bought a XS650 Yammy a while back had a $1000 mural on the tank but not my cup of tea so I sprayed it with Peel Off and it looked great, Sold the bike but told the buyer what was under the black. Cheap n easy colour change.:wink

Reactions: Y62

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Love mine too, got 157,000kms on her now, went big bore 109" at 100,000 and the engine was still like new inside!....was 100"
Yours looks great and low kms you got a nice bike there man!

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is my everyday bike so I wont be doing to much to it. Except turnsignals, plateholder and maybe... We´ll see!

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
This is my everyday bike so I wont be doing to much to it. Except turnsignals, plateholder and maybe... We´ll see!
Yeah we will see:devil

Reactions: Y62
21 - 40 of 40 Posts