1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
That is totally BADASS! I want one! I'm not too thrilled with the 200 series width of the back tire, but the suspension specs are good as long as there's enough clearance to have some fun.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Thanks mate!...hot off the press!
Wicked looking bike that should stick it right up the V-Rods, and show its tail-light to some sportsbikes.
Not exactly a Cruiser though is it, ......more of a "take no prisoners" bar hopper.
I think they'll sell a few...wonder how much $$$$
I'd have one as a second bike if I came into some cash,.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Looks very similar to the Indian Scout in design.
Oops, looks like I should have read the other thread on this before I commented.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Good call Vin.

Holy **** it is cool. Course it's not the road going version- can't see no blinkers, even tail light- so I hope they stay true when it lands......

My hammer right now is quivering with fear in the garage....haha

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Damm- that's a concept bike, not production. Still nice though.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
"
SWISS BIKE BUILDER AND DRAG
RACER, URS ERBACHER, CREATES
A CONCEPT MOTORCYCLE WITH
VICTORY MOTORCYCLES’ NEWEST
V-TWIN ENGINE"

So this isn't the new Vic; it's a concept bike?
Yeah it says Octane to be released in 2016.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
This bike is very close to the Ducati XDiavel, but will be probably be more "ride-able".... I'm drooling, again :cool:

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Yeah it says Octane to be released in 2016.
So maybe this is a teaser to make us wonder if the new Octane is going to look similar to this.

Kind of a strange marketing concept IMHO. Releasing pictures of a concept bike on the date they said they will be releasing the info on their new Octane model.

Confusing to say the least.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
So maybe this is a teaser to make us wonder if the new Octane is going to look similar to this.

Kind of a strange marketing concept IMHO. Releasing pictures of a concept bike on the date they said they will be releasing the info on their new Octane model.

Confusing to say the least.
Strange marketing? You really think so? I'd say they hit the mark so far. We're talking about it, sharing pics here and on Facebook, other motorcycle forums, etc. The "sportier" motorcycle folks will be drooling all over this.

Let's see how close the production bike is.

Reactions: BenD

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Strange marketing? You really think so? I'd say they hit the mark so far. We're talking about it, sharing pics here and on Facebook, other motorcycle forums, etc. The "sportier" motorcycle folks will be drooling all over this.

Let's see how close the production bike is.
Why are you assuming their new model will look anything like this?

This article reads like they are introducing the motor and not the whole bike; at least the way I read it.

I hope they do release a model similar to this and a sport bike model using the same motor.

Well, the day is just starting where I'm at, so maybe they will be releasing a new model later today.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
I have a feeling things just didn't work out as they had hoped and things got delayed but instead of coming out and saying that, which might affect stock prices, they went this route hoping no one would notice or care. Just got this by email:

an idea ignites
This year, at the EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, Italy, Victory Motorcycles® presents a concept motorcycle built around the first pre-production engine off the factory line in Osceola, Wisconsin. Featuring a lean and muscular design, the Victory® Ignition Concept represents the future of Victory Motorcycles' production machines.
"We knew any production version of the Project 156 race motor would be a great centerpiece in any American bike, but we wanted to see a European take on the design for EICMA. So we sought out Urs Erbacher to see his vision." explains Gary Gray, Director Motorcycle Product. "In the end I think we have a concept bike that both American and European consumers can get excited about."
The new engine is born out of the one-off racing powerplant used in Project 156, which entered the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. And it’s no secret that this new engine will power a new model to be released in 2016.

This concept bike has too many features that tell me, at least most of it, is a future production model. It also sounds like they plan on building a lot of different models on this motor platform just like they did the Freedom motor. Clearly this is a Core (hollow sand cast) frame just like the X bikes and Vision. I would not be a bit surprised if this replaces the Hammer next year. It has a similar stance. I'd even like to see them keep the Hammer name to build tradition. Something they didn't do with the Kingpin when they went with the Boardwalk.

I'd say the air cooled motors are coming to and end at some point in the not too distant future. Fine with me. The air cooled engines have gotten so big they sometime put out uncomfortable heat on hotter days. Then again they may come out with a V4 engine f the touring and bagger models.

One this is for sure though; they did use a variation of the Scout motor for this. I hope they round out the square edges on the tank so as to not confuse this with the Scout just for the sake of keeping the brands separate. JMHO, FWIW, YMMV.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What do you think of the new XDiavel?
I'm not sure yet, it honestly looks a little bit smaller. I think I would not fit on it all that well. Plus who knows what the price will be....$5k more than a lightly used diavel. But the numbers look great, nice power at 5k rpm, stroked out to 1262 and a belt.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts