Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got myself a new 2011 cross roads. Red, Hard Bags, Short Windshield. Lovin' it! However I notice a bit of vibration / possible bogging when I roll on the throttle say in 4th at 40 for example. It does it in other gears/speeds as well. When I reach a certain speed, the thing smooths out. It acually seems to have tons of power regardless. If it was my old carburated Vulcan, I would suspect a mixture problem. Not too worried, got my 500 mile check up coming soon. You guys have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
137 Posts
4th gear at 40 is very low in my opinion. I cruz in 3rd gear @ 40 and don't shift until atleast 45-50 depending on my acceralation rate. BTW I have the 5 speed vs your 6 speed. If I have it in 4th gear @ 40 it does the pretty much the same, it isn't turning very many RPM's at that speed maybe 1500.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If you are already in 4th at 40mph you are bogging the crap out of it. Try to stay over 2200 rpm.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I agree with the other responses. Let your RPM's go higher. Enjoy that new beauty! thumb up

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wondering about that. My old bike, a vulcan 1500, had a 4 speed, so obviously shifting was quite a bit different. I also notice that my Vic does seem to like to rev a bit higher. I think I just may need to get used to my new ride....Thanks all!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yep. My old Harley loved the low rpm, and found out quickly this bike loves it up around 3,000 rpm. Not even much louder. I use to be able to drop my HD into 6th at 60 mph cruising just to cut the noise, not on this bike. Feels better staying in 5th. I even get better mpg staying in 5th than going to 6th.

·
Registered
442 Posts
as others have implied, watch your engine speed, not your vehicle speed, to address this. you're just bogging the motor, which is bad for it so don't be afraid to stay in gear longer before you upshift :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts