Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the story? Is your heated seat working?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
What's the story? Is your heated seat working?
Last night, I took the seat off. I checked the bike-side plug with a multimeter and it is definitely getting 12v of power. I plugged the seat back in and I thought I could feel it start to get slightly warm, but not hot by any stretch - and it was switched to high power.

I was under the impression that I should feel some decent warmth after a few minutes, but I am not getting that. :confused:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last night, I took the seat off. I checked the bike-side plug with a multimeter and it is definitely getting 12v of power. I plugged the seat back in and I thought I could feel it start to get slightly warm, but not hot by any stretch - and it was switched to high power.

I was under the impression that I should feel some decent warmth after a few minutes, but I am not getting that. :confused:
I just went out to the garage and checked mine. Seat is warm, not hot. It's warmer if you sit on it and compress the seat material a bit. If you feel warmth it's probably O. K.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I'm all for it!

In regards to my seat, it's been confirmed by Victory to be working as designed. I was spoled by the heated seats in my wife's car which may well be the sole cause of global warming (they are very comfy in the cold).

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Cool. I had the bike apart a little right now. I making speaker lids. I hope to be done in a couple of weeks. We will have to put something together then. We can ride out to Litchfield and into NY. I love Duchess county riding

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
There's definitely something special about the Litchfield hills and the surrounding area.
You gotta let me know how those speaker lids come out!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got a couple rides in so far, thanks to you dude.

Hey.. on the seat issues, did you trace the wires all the way back to the switch compartment under the seat? Maybe they double wired "low"? Also, not sure about cross bikes, but when I installed aftermarket heaters in my hardball seat there was a decent mess of wires and a relay. Is there a relay in the XC that they could have wired wrong?

I can send you screen shots of the service manual if you need wiring diagram help.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Sinned:

Glad you were able to get some seat time. That's awesome!

We've figured out that the seat is operating within spec. My wife's car seats get much warmer though, and that's what I was basing them off of.

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
I had aftermarket heat installed in my saddle and it too takes a long while to heat up. When it does, its a bun burner--gotta switch it off occasionally--no thermostat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts