Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to purchase my first Victory, a 2013 Vision 1900 miles..
I've owned Harleys and Jap bikes, favorite was Ducati.

Am looking forward to my ownership an am positive I've made a good decision..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Might be awhile before we make some long trips but wife and I are eager to get aboard again.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Welcome to the club, let's see some photos of that Vision!

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Victory. At only 1900 miles, that engine is not broken in yet. It takes around 3,000 miles for a complete break in. Make sure it has fresh oil and brake and clutch fluids before seriously hitting the road. Air up tires to 38-40 front, 40-42 rear. Air up the rear shock as prescribed on the sticker in the side case lid. Keep revs above 2500 - this ain't no Harley.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks. This is a loonnnggg distance purchase..
It's a dealer that assures me fluids have been changed.
I'm a former Harley mechanic and after I get the repair service manual, will be maintaining the new girl. Just working on the purchase particulars and getting shipping quotes for delivery.

Thanks for the warm welcome..

·
Registered
801 Posts
About to purchase my first Victory, a 2013 Vision 1900 miles..
I've owned Harleys and Jap bikes, favorite was Ducati.

Am looking forward to my ownership an am positive I've made a good decision..
Hey Ironangel.....welcome to the wonderful world of victory...i'm sure you'll love your new ride as we all do....

Ride Safe, look forward to some pics...

Rob

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Fly one way to buy it and then ride it the long-distance home. I've done that twice to buy XCT bikes and it went great. It is a good way to learn the new bike and you get a road trip out of it :)

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Welcome from CT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well now I'm finding out the tires are original, 2012 tires. I'm ascerting that tire should be changed every 5 years regardless of visual condition. Heck, their dealer fee is damn near $400... And apparently only an oil change has been performed?...
I know I'll need to go thru the bike once I get her. But stealerships... Damn...

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
Not only are dealers expensive, if you are like me, I do not trust guys with tools in their hands and my vehicles. So I do it myself so I know it was done right and well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts