Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums! There's a huge difference between the 2 bikes you are considering and the TC may be a little harder to find. I suggest going to the Victory Motorcycles website and looking at th demo truck schedule. With luck you'll have one close to you because it would be a great thing to go to for an introduction to the new models.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Actually I am fairly familiar with these bikes, but what is this "huge" difference you speak of..? :) Longer wheelbase and the hard bags would distinguish the TC from the CC unless i am missing something.?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I think the problem may be in the interpretation of abbreviations. TC as you wrote may be the Cross Country Tour or XCT as the TC is one of the first few models Victory built. I'm also assuming your CC may be the Cross Country.

There's been quite a bit of debate on here with the abbreviations so it's kind of a given that they are going to be confused.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Holy crap I'm way the hell off! I guess this explains the debate...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh. I was confused too - I love their old bikes, the "Fat Boy" style, i wish they would bring back the Classic Cruiser/V92C style! Too bad so many V92C's have tranny issues.. :( PS I did a short stint in the USAF and may be in the Moab. Utah area soon.. :) Not on a motorcycle, but to Mountain Bike and sightsee..

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Thank you for your prior service! Things have changed a lot and I can't say that I would do it again if I had to.

Anyway back to bikes! I'm about 4 hours North of Moab and plan on going there this spring. One of my old supervisors goes down there to mountain bike a few times a year and from the pictures he shows there's some awesome trails. You can find those old bikes but there getting rarer; figure they may have build around 5000 each so there weren't many to start with. Here's on that's in the classifieds on here now:

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=9932

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Longtime GoldWinger, looking for a TC or CC. I have ridden the Vic's love em - love Gold Wings too, but the feel is totally different! :)
Hey Dave,

Mom's South, in Foxboro, has the Victory Demo truck May 18 - 20. Go get yourself the $1K off during the weekend and buy yourself the XCT. You won't look back!cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts