Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Forum. Already seeing tons of info and loving it! Purchased a 2012 Cross Country in blue and I already have plans on how to make it "mine". Coming off an FJR last and had an opportunity to ride my friends XC last year during our trip and that all it took for me. Cant wait to try my first V-twin for my main ride. I have learned motorcycle lessons in the past but I think I have made the correct decision on this one. Sport Tourer turned?

Thanks!thumb up

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to Victory motorcycles! I am also an FJR convert, you won't regret buying the Victory. It goes without saying the CC isn't as quick as the FJR but for long (2 up) trips it's better suited then the FJR.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome Shag... Great time of year to be buying new! Enjoy and keeper safe!

Tim

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
New to the Forum. Already seeing tons of info and loving it! Purchased a 2012 Cross Country in blue and I already have plans on how to make it "mine". Coming off an FJR last and had an opportunity to ride my friends XC last year during our trip and that all it took for me. Cant wait to try my first V-twin for my main ride. I have learned motorcycle lessons in the past but I think I have made the correct decision on this one. Sport Tourer turned?

Thanks!thumb up
Still have my FJR. I intended to just get a little around town cruiser and ended up buying an XR. For the 5k miles I've had it, it has been fantastic.

Funny that Victory spends all their marketing energy comparing themselves with Harley and it seems I see more people coming to this forum from metrics than Harleys. I think Victory underestimates how good their machines are.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum and to Victory motorcycles! I am also an FJR convert, you won't regret buying the Victory. It goes without saying the CC isn't as quick as the FJR but for long (2 up) trips it's better suited then the FJR.

I realize what I will be giving up in straight line performance but I feel the trade off in "soul" and "character" will make up for it. We do tour 2 up on at least 2 long trips during the summer. I feel it will be far more comfortable on the long haul. The bulk of my time on the bike will be back and forth to work however.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still have my FJR. I intended to just get a little around town cruiser and ended up buying an XR. For the 5k miles I've had it, it has been fantastic.

Funny that Victory spends all their marketing energy comparing themselves with Harley and it seems I see more people coming to this forum from metrics than Harleys. I think Victory underestimates how good their machines are.

I am surprised how many sport touring folks are into the Vic's. I tried an R1150RT before going back to an FJR. Found it to be "sterile". Did everything good just lacked character and the power I was used to. I like how the XC blends some traditional styling and V-twin power with all the modern touches that make riding more enjoyable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts