Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Doc.... I ride the "other American motorcycle", ya know, the Harley. Anyway, I logged on to let you Victory riders know that you look like goofs when your try so hard to be different.

Every time I see a victory rider at a stop light, they look around turning their heads trying to get noticed. They are almost saying outloud, "Look at me... I ride something thats not a Harley." It is way to funny.

I personally don't care what you ride, but the attitude you victory riders display is very lame. The way you ride in packs constantly waving at each other... when your riding next to each other !??!

You wanna be so different I bet you put hemorrhoid creme in your neck bearings just to be "different".

One question for you victory riders... when you by your Polaris, do they give you a first place ribbon for .... winning?

Share the road brothers, there is room for us all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I guess I don't get it, If we ride a rice burner that tries to look and sound ( but fails) like a harley, then we are wana bees but if we ride americian bikes that are not trying to be harleys then we are acused of trying to be different. Every rider likes his scooter to get noticed especially if youv'e do a lot of work to it, harley riders included. I know Harley has the name, history, and customer loyality but I think Victory is going to take a bite out of them. I have owned both and tore both down to nothin but nuts and bolts and I gota tell you the Victory has got the harley beat in design! Thats tough for me to say as I rode harley for 20 years, but I really like this victory. There is somthing about a harley that is different from any other bike, but there is somthing about a Victory that is different to, both great bikes (except for twin cams) so perhaps you should share the road with us, if you do or not, we're going to take it anyway!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've ridden Harleys and owned lots of em. My last one was a 1964 panhead that I rode the hell out of. When people ask if I ever owned a Harley I always tell them I used to ride Harleys when they were'nt cool. I love the bikes, just dont like the whole Harley scene with the Harley pants, boots, wallet, billfold, bandannas,rings, ect,ect. Each to their own. I've owned lots of bikes from rice rockets to Boss Hoss's (4 of em) and Harleys to an 05 Hammer, currently that I traded my 2008 Suzuki B-King for (love it). I'll probably end up with another Harley some day because they are great bikes. I've met a lot of Harley riders over the years that had nasty attitudes about other bikes. I never did and still dont. I love it when I see a Harley riding with a Crotch Rocket! Like you said Doc there's room on the road for everyone...OK I'll get off my soapbox now

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the whole "I am better,smarter, gonna take over" attitude that drives me nuts. hey, hog has its place, it is supposed to be about riding, some are some are'nt.

I prefer to ride with anyone, goldwings, ricers, BMWs, rockets whatever... except the Victory Riders (for the most part). All they do is compare the differences between the brands, and eventually tell everyone how they are smarter for owning a victory.

·
Registered
301 Posts
doc i ride with all riders in our group there are 11 hds 2 yamahas 2 victorys & 1 300cc scooter that stays with us.i have my second vic kingpin because the first one was rear ended and totaled out and thin one week after pick up of new bike i won a v92 custon bobber from the victory ralley last month & very happy with both of thim.
NOW sounds to me like your one of those pricks that ride the hd to fit there profile AND JUST wont to be a hard core biker. i know a lot of hard core 1% true bikers that are impresed with the vic & let a couple drive my kp and thay was amazed how fast, and smouth thay handeled so dont come on here with your jellous remarks, the true fact is you probley got fu---d on a hd and cant face the fact. harleys are good bikes there our history but some pricks like you just wont face up to a new better built, faster, and cheeper bike that is more AMERICAN MADE THAN HARLEYS. we dont look around wonting people to notice us, the bike does that anyway. so from me and some outher vic riders KISS OUR ASS.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I think its funny when people that wish they had bought a Victory start bashing the people that actually do own them. I guess they are still pissed that Harley screwed them royally in the ass with no lube. Here is a tip....just reach under your engine...rub your index finger under there......take a little bit of that dripping oil you know you have down there.....shove that finger between your butt cheeks and go F_ck yourself.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey Doc, your meds are wearing off, better go up your prescription. It's funny how you went out of your way to start a thread breaking Vic owners balls. Got nothing better to do, or is your beloved H-D in the shop getting fixed again and you're bored? Either way, it's morons like you that drive buyers to Vics over H-Ds. You talk out of both sides of your ass.. on one hand you say it doesn't matter what you ride, and on the other it's anything but a Vic. As a fabricator of parts for both bikes, you need to either get educated or get a life. Do yourself a favor, don't worry about Vic owners and we'll not worry about you. Deal?
Hey Noe and Ron, we know the type and other than one post, this guy, and those like him just aren't worth it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now they are "Vic's"? So you prefer to tell us you ride guys? Seems just like the group of people I am talking about??!!

Now, I never called your product inferior or not as good. I am simply talking about the owner attitude. With the remarks I have received back it just shows my point. Most Polaris motorcycle riders are like the 3rd grade kid in the corner... starving for attention.

I think the kingpin 8-ball is a good looking bike. I think the Vision is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Then you get your motorcycle overlord to design total garbage, I am talking about the Ness series. 24k for a cory ness jackpot? Someone here said HD was overpriced? Take a fatboy over that clown bike and you would too, and save 5 to 7 large.

When you buy an ness series bike, do you get a coupon for one free blow on the so called "king" Arlen Ness himself?

So, to summarize, I never ripped the technology, and like a biker or two. I just laugh at the attention seekers who ride them. Together we have figured out that polaris is overpriced and HD offers better deals. Last but not least, when someone buys a new Polaris they get a first place ribbon and a Free blow on Arlen Ness coupon.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Once again Doc, or is it Dic? Well, either way...
So you know there's an '06 H-D in my garage next to my Vic, so if anyone is to talk it's someone who owns both. Personally, if you were knowledgeable too you'd know the value of what you get on a Cory Ness for the $4,500 upgrade. Between the one of 250 paint, the chrome swingarm, the pullback fly bars, the Ness billet wheels, chrome grips and blah blah blah, if you knew math you'd not spew such crap from your trap. And so you know, the H-D is also an '06 and has been in the shop 5 times for a carb, blown ECM, blown rectifier, and two oil leaks. My Vic hasn't seen the dealer since it left there, and bro, I don't baby it at all. 12.3 in th 1/4, and will outrun any H-D in the twisties. Maybe Vic owners stand tall in the saddle because they take pride in the decision they made to buy the best NEW American Motorcycle on the market. 20% more American than the Hog in my garage BTW (and yes, yours too).
Most of the guys I ride with ride H-D's, and I don't hear crap like you're spewing from them about me, so what you say entertains me more than anything. I've ridden all of theirs, sporties, RKs, SGs, EGs, Dynas, you name it. Have also ridden every single new model for the last 3 years. Know what? We smile at the light and stand tall for a reason.
Second, your constant referral to Polaris only shows you're trying to put them down and liken them to ATV's. Go ahead, maybe that's why they're so tough and reliable. I bet you call you're friends (if you have any) with AMF era H-Ds AMFs and not H-Ds, right? Regardless of what a piece of **** most of them were. Should they not ride with pride of what they're on? Get off your bullshit soap box and stop trying to pick I fight because dude, you'll lose this one for sure. Now go away back into your hole and read up on the reality of what you've just learned.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once again Doc, or is it Dic? Well, either way...
So you know there's an '06 H-D in my garage next to my Vic, so if anyone is to talk it's someone who owns both. Personally, if you were knowledgeable too you'd know the value of what you get on a Cory Ness for the $4,500 upgrade. Between the one of 250 paint, the chrome swingarm, the pullback fly bars, the Ness billet wheels, chrome grips and blah blah blah, if you knew math you'd not spew such crap from your trap. And so you know, the H-D is also an '06 and has been in the shop 5 times for a carb, blown ECM, blown rectifier, and two oil leaks. My Vic hasn't seen the dealer since it left there, and bro, I don't baby it at all. 12.3 in th 1/4, and will outrun any H-D in the twisties. Maybe Vic owners stand tall in the saddle because they take pride in the decision they made to buy the best NEW American Motorcycle on the market. 20% more American than the Hog in my garage BTW (and yes, yours too).
Most of the guys I ride with ride H-D's, and I don't hear crap like you're spewing from them about me, so what you say entertains me more than anything. I've ridden all of theirs, sporties, RKs, SGs, EGs, Dynas, you name it. Have also ridden every single new model for the last 3 years. Know what? We smile at the light and stand tall for a reason.
Second, your constant referral to Polaris only shows you're trying to put them down and liken them to ATV's. Go ahead, maybe that's why they're so tough and reliable. I bet you call you're friends (if you have any) with AMF era H-Ds AMFs and not H-Ds, right? Regardless of what a piece of **** most of them were. Should they not ride with pride of what they're on? Get off your bullshit soap box and stop trying to pick I fight because dude, you'll lose this one for sure. Now go away back into your hole and read up on the reality of what you've just learned.
I understand what your saying, about the AMF's era and stuff. But I am not on a soapbox, and I will not lose because this site has some serious membership. Man, at this pace, by next week I will be your number 1 poster.

Hey, I got one for ya. What do you get when a Honda Goldwing has sex with a BMW R 1200 RT? A polaris Vision. :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
hi doc
do you know stupid & childish you sound with your remarks you have made i hope your own frinds for your sake (if any ) dont see this posts you have made . talk like that in most areas con get your ass wooped so when your in the bars or around bikers you might not wont to talk about bikes because i wouldnt dought a hd rider might tag you first for the imbarisment .
try to drive safe and dont worry about the vic riders where going to be just fine rideing with all people with all bikes !!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I understand what your saying, about the AMF's era and stuff. But I am not on a soapbox, and I will not lose because this site has some serious membership. Man, at this pace, by next week I will be your number 1 poster.

Hey, I got one for ya. What do you get when a Honda Goldwing has sex with a BMW R 1200 RT? A polaris Vision. :D
Hey Doc, Let's get over this BS already, unless you've got nothing better to do. After all this, who knows, we may someday actualy agree on something. As for the Vision being ugly, there's the first thing I agree with. Other than one or two with paint jobs that made them look better, yep, they're no swan. But try to out run on the straights or out handle one in the twisties, and you'll see how pretty that tail end looks from behind pulling away from you in all instances. I don't care if you're on a screamin' chicken that's had the sloppy suspension tweaked and the frame connector added to eliminate all the flexing in hard corners (you know what I mean, dontcha?). She may be ugly, but that bitch runs! Go ride one... POLARIS dealers as you call them actually will let you take one for a nice long ride. Drop in on one and see for yourself, then come back and spew your crap as at least someone that's not taking out of an orifice that needs wiping after each word comes out. Are you man enough to do it? Or are you just a keyboard cowboy who likes stirring the pot? Let's see, man, or mouth, man or mouth, man, or mouth...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Doc,
Go On my post and take a look at my scoot. I have built every bike I've ever ridden, if anyone badmouthed any of my bikes, this victory included, they would have gotten squished like a bug! If Victory riders in general are such superiour, nose in the air, assholes as you say then how many posts are there on your favorite harley chat site from Vic riders, slamming not only Harley's but the people who Ride them, not many I'll venture to guess! Anyway you got what you wanted, a whole lot of people worked up and upset, over your ignorant opinon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Now they are "Vic's"? So you prefer to tell us you ride guys? Seems just like the group of people I am talking about??!!
So I guess because you ride a Harley that's ok? Hmmmm, isn't Harley a mans name too? Why yes it is you ignorant dick. Fact is that Victory does make a better motorcycle then H-D and it sticks in your craw. I've been riding one since 2002 and all I've ever done is replace tires, brakes and change the oil. I added 14 HP which upped it to 90HP with an air filter, slip ons and power commander. I have yet to crack open the engine for any reason. It doesn't leak either. You are a troll so go hide under your bridge until you actually know what you are talking about. P.S. The Vision is indeed ugly but runs, rides and handles better than any Harley.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok ... Ok...
You guys have a good Independence Day weekend, I will see ya next week. During the time out, take a personal inventory on your attitudes and how you act in public. I am sure you will find fault and fix your issues. Until then my friends, have a good time on the road, I will still wave to you as you go by.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is one (or some) in every crowd!

I find it interesting that you chose Victory riders to alienate. I have seen the same attitude from may different manufacturer's riders. I have rode many bikes for many years and it for the most part is about the ride. There is a small group of riders as you describe probably expecting certain parts of thier anatomy to grow from riding. They come in all shapes and sizes and ride all makes and models. Personally as a past HOG member it is my opinion that they are the worst about it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Every time I see a victory rider at a stop light, they look around turning their heads trying to get noticed. They are almost saying outloud, "Look at me... I ride something thats not a Harley." It is way to funny.
Let's make one small change to this statement:

Every time I see a Harley rider at a stop light, they look around turning their heads trying to get noticed. They are almost saying outloud, "Look at me... I ride a Harley." It is way to funny.

I can't even count the times I've seen this! You come on here chastising the few Vic riders for doing exactly the same that Harley riders have been doing for 100 years. So what, we are proud of what we ride so it irritates you? Or is it that we are proud that we ride American steel that is not a Harley? Your problem is that of many Harley owners. In the past you have rationalized that 'rice burners' are inferior because they are not American. Despite the technology being superior, that one fact sets them below owning a H-D and you can look down on them for it. Now that Victory has come along you can't do that for us. We are more American than Harley - and that grates your soul. We are proud of owning an American made bike that's not a Harley - and that grates your soul. You are one of those that thinks that owning a Harley is a right-of-passage and should be treated with respect. Here's a gut check, we are here and we are pushing the envelope. Victory engineers are innovators - Our bikes don't look like they are 100 years old and they don't run like it either. I've heard H-D sales and mechanics say off the record that Victory is making their mark, and because of solid design and low maintenance that they expect more H-D owners of the younger variety to take a look at Victory. We make more power for less money, and can make an H-D look ridiculous in the twisties. So yea, if we do stand tall in the saddle and say 'I own a Victory', we have good reason to. We ride a quality product.
I ride with many Harley owners who are very good friends. We all jab back and forth about who's is better, but it's all in good taste. We don't go on the other brand's boards trying to stir up crap like you have. I think Harley's fit and finish are top notch, but the drive train and dated frame technology is what turns me off. Too much shaking, too little power - and too much $ to get more out of it. Also the attitude that 'everyone wants a Harley' is a joke. I have what I want, so don't get bent when I'm proud of what I ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good point....

It is still about the ride though. I will never count out a rice burner because it may be all they can afford. It is about the freedom, a feeling I cant even describe. Closest I can come is by sayig even on the worst day of my life, the day my son died of sids I could ride and get away from this world for a while. Doesnt matter what you ride if it is yours and you can be proud that you own it then ride and **** everybody else.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
clepidus, you are right... in the end it is all about the ride.

Guys, I never ripped the engineering of the your Polaris industries product.

But, I cant let stupid go. Wolfdog... you said, "We make more power for less money"

Ok dork, lets look at some basic stats.
Comparable rides....
Harley Electra Glide Standard $16,999
victory vision street premium $21,699
So... Wolfdog, Victory makes more power for more, $4700 more. Sit down and shut up.

Now for the rest... who want to hide behind the "we are innovators" bullcrap, lets take a visual test.... Pick number 1 or 2

1) Harley FLHT (Electra Glide Standard)

2) victory vision street premium aka POS moon bike

You know 95% on this site will admit the FLHT is a way better looking bike. Hands down.

.... Wolfdog, stand up once again. You said, "... and can make an H-D look ridiculous in the twisties. So yea, if we do stand tall in the saddle and say 'I own a Victory', we have good reason to. We ride a quality product." Dip ****, the 2009 frame is the best on the market. Here is the review...http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/harley-davidson/2009-harleydavidson-touring-models-review-86648.html. Now you can sit down and shut up.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.