Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a victory owner (yet) but hope to be soon. I am new to this forum and am looking forward to learning all I can. I'm most interested in a Vision and maybe a cross country. Currently I ride a VTX 1300c but about a week ago I went to West Memphis Ar. and rode both of the afore mentioned. All I can say is AWSOME RIDE. I left there and rode a new Ultra Classic. For me, the Vision is the winner hands down. Now, how to get my hands on 20 grand:confused:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A few helpful pointers,

• Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

• The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

• If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature, please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.
Please add the year and model of your bike to your signature, so we know how to help when you ask a question!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Thanks, my wife had previously told me to go get a new bike. I began talks today with a local stealer and after she found out how much they cost...well not lookin good. :mad:
Used Visions are available as low as $13K or $14K. Recently, a 2009 Arlen Ness '09 Vision with something like 300 miles sold for $16,500 (Retailed for $23K new) on eBay so they can be bought for some pretty good price. Remember that that some of the 2010s also had the ABS brakes on them as well so if ABS is one of your objectives, you don't have to get a '11 to get that feature.

Many dealers can also get you demo units for discounted prices. I am all for supporting your local dealer but you can "keep them honest/competitive" by shopping around and be willing to travel if you can save some $'s. Heck, the 8-Ball Visions RETAIL for $17,999 and most dealers will discount pretty much ANY Victory by around $1K. You can generally get another $1K off pretty much any model if you attend one of the Victory "Fuel It" demo rides.

Hope this helps and good luck in your search

Here's a White 2010 with a starting bid of $15,600
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Like-new-2010-Victory-Vision-still-under-warranty-/170641911760?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item27bb0cefd0

Here's an '08 demo (only 921 miles) that was sold by a GREAT Victory dealer for $12,800. If you want to know what they have available, give them a call and tell them that Jay referred you to them. That store is run by a pair of brothers, Dave and Tim who are both great guys who will bend over backwards to make you happy. I should know...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-NEW-Victory-Vision-Street-NO-Reserve-Dealer-Demo-/150601773588?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item231090b214

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Keep an eye out in classifieds, cycle trader, craigslist, ebay and on all the dealer websites (within the distance you want to ride). Also there are at least 3 other Victory websites other than this one that have classifieds. Look long enough and hard enough and a deal will fall into your lap.

Are you current or prior Military? If so Victory has $1000 waiting for you. Have you looked at the Demo Truck schedule? If not, do it! I'm not sure what the deal is this year but last year they gave coupons for $1000 off a new Victory if bought at that dealer within 30 days.

If you have to buy used don't sweat it; Victory is nothing like Kia or Hyundai -- these bikes are tough! I read on another website that only a handful of the Victory's produced have had internal engine problems; Victory averages building 33000 bikes per year -- after over 10+ years it's tough to find a bike that had the engine opened for anything other than a big bore kit!

I'm biased towards Cross Roads, I payed $14,999 (and got $1500 in accessories thrown in) and love the bike so much I would do it again in a minute. Best part is that I wasn't in the market. My wife started riding around with me on my V-Star and decided "we" needed a bigger bike -- it was a Christmas miracle (in August)!

Best of luck, hope to see you bragging about your new ride soon!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Used Visions are available as low as $13K or $14K. Recently, a 2009 Arlen Ness '09 Vision with something like 300 miles sold for $16,500 (Retailed for $23K new) on eBay so they can be bought for some pretty good price. Remember that that some of the 2010s also had the ABS brakes on them as well so if ABS is one of your objectives, you don't have to get a '11 to get that feature.

Many dealers can also get you demo units for discounted prices. I am all for supporting your local dealer but you can "keep them honest/competitive" by shopping around and be willing to travel if you can save some $'s. Heck, the 8-Ball Visions RETAIL for $17,999 and most dealers will discount pretty much ANY Victory by around $1K. You can generally get another $1K off pretty much any model if you attend one of the Victory "Fuel It" demo rides.

Hope this helps and good luck in your search

Here's a White 2010 with a starting bid of $15,600
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Like-new-2010-Victory-Vision-still-under-warranty-/170641911760?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item27bb0cefd0

Here's an '08 demo (only 921 miles) that was sold by a GREAT Victory dealer for $12,800. If you want to know what they have available, give them a call and tell them that Jay referred you to them. That store is run by a pair of brothers, Dave and Tim who are both great guys who will bend over backwards to make you happy. I should know...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-NEW-Victory-Vision-Street-NO-Reserve-Dealer-Demo-/150601773588?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item231090b214
Those are nice. A local dealer has a new 08 listed for 15xxx. I think i want a newer one. The upgraded transmission is appealing to me.
Thanks for the links

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep an eye out in classifieds, cycle trader, craigslist, ebay and on all the dealer websites (within the distance you want to ride). Also there are at least 3 other Victory websites other than this one that have classifieds. Look long enough and hard enough and a deal will fall into your lap.

Are you current or prior Military? If so Victory has $1000 waiting for you. Have you looked at the Demo Truck schedule? If not, do it! I'm not sure what the deal is this year but last year they gave coupons for $1000 off a new Victory if bought at that dealer within 30 days.

If you have to buy used don't sweat it; Victory is nothing like Kia or Hyundai -- these bikes are tough! I read on another website that only a handful of the Victory's produced have had internal engine problems; Victory averages building 33000 bikes per year -- after over 10+ years it's tough to find a bike that had the engine opened for anything other than a big bore kit!

I'm biased towards Cross Roads, I payed $14,999 (and got $1500 in accessories thrown in) and love the bike so much I would do it again in a minute. Best part is that I wasn't in the market. My wife started riding around with me on my V-Star and decided "we" needed a bigger bike -- it was a Christmas miracle (in August)!

Best of luck, hope to see you bragging about your new ride soon!
I really like the cross country too
thanks for the info

1 - 8 of 8 Posts