Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday the 28th Upgrayedd & I are meeting for an excursion into the desert... anyone want to join us? The route has not yet been nailed down, but it's gonna be a good ride. All are welcome to come along...it will prolly be a northern route...

thumb upcheersthumb up

·
Account closed.
39 Posts
Northern route is right Fish. 93 today here in the valley. So I'm thinking up through Yarnell and maybe 89a to Jerome. From there we can keep heading North through Oak Creek to Flag, or just start heading down south. Depends on our timing. Plus I'm sure you have other people here to see. Unless they're coming with us??
Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Northern route is right Fish. 93 today here in the valley. So I'm thinking up through Yarnell and maybe 89a to Jerome. From there we can keep heading North through Oak Creek to Flag, or just start heading down south. Depends on our timing. Plus I'm sure you have other people here to see. Unless they're coming with us??
Looking forward to it!
well, the one lady I am coming out to see will be coming with!thumb upthumb upthumb up

·
Registered
169 Posts
Man I love that route through Prescott. If I didn't already have plans that weekend I would see about meeting you guys. You guys have fun and let me know how the road conditions are. I might be taking the same route in a month or so.

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
Heck, if you wanted to make it really good ride, you could mosey on over to the Laughlin River Run, possibly stay the night in Bullhead or Havasu, then work your way back to Phoenix using the back roads or I 10 if you were in a hurry.

This weekend is the Yuma Prison run. I think it's the 52nd Annual. Always a good time with plenty of camping room.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heck, if you wanted to make it really good ride, you could mosey on over to the Laughlin River Run, possibly stay the night in Bullhead or Havasu, then work your way back to Phoenix using the back roads or I 10 if you were in a hurry.

This weekend is the Yuma Prison run. I think it's the 52nd Annual. Always a good time with plenty of camping room.
That was the original plan. Was going to stay at a buddies place in Bullhead. Haven't seen this guy since he went a bit flakey in 2003 & moved to the river.

Then his plans changed, he was going to be in Tuscon all weekend. That's when I decided to go to Phoenix & visit with my ladyfriend instead. Then his plans changed again, he wasn't leaving Bullhead until Sunday morning, was going to be in Phoenix Sunday/Monday. Cool- I'll hang with the fem in Phoenix, get in some cool rides, & see my buddy before I head home Sunday.

Now he isn't going anywhere. Might be in my best interest to just stay away, lol!!! I may go out there Thurs/ Friday, we'll see...

thumb upcheersthumb up

·
Account closed.
39 Posts
The route

This is what I have so far Fish. The meeting point is a variable, I just picked one in the general area. I don't know where you're coming from(staying), but I'm about 15 min from that meet point.

We're looking at 165 miles and a little over 4 hours one way. That's calculated with no stops obviously. If we continued on up to Flagstaff through Oak Creek, just add an hour to the one way.

Coming back could be shorter as we could take the interstate and haul balls doing 80 almost the whole time. Up to you man. Either way the weather looks like it's going to be top notch and it will be a great day!

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N+67th+Ave&daddr=33.71081,-112.26974+to:33.82788,-112.26354+to:33.88663,-112.66236+to:34.54533,-112.40683+to:34.6532537,-112.2801245+to:W+Arizona+89A+N&hl=en&ll=34.261757,-112.011108&spn=1.884037,2.469177&sll=34.645495,-112.27993&sspn=0.117215,0.154324&geocode=FeRiAgIdmupP-Q%3BFdpiAgIdVOZO-SnpHX0cpF0rhzGRuqEordO7LQ%3BFSgsBAIdjP5O-SnRbsg3818rhzE4jFGmKW7N6w%3BFaYRBQIdqOhI-Snvrwjl_VLTgDEJdX3HOypkYg%3BFbIeDwId0s5M-SkxkBCCFSYthzF7dtsuXbiMFA%3BFUXEEAIdxL1O-Sk3Afxu4CIthzH__z4yqxcw5w%3BFcYFFAIdknhW-Q&t=h&dirflg=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=5&sz=13&via=1,2,3,4,5&z=9

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds great!! gonna be a blast! We are still talking Saturday, rite? My plans have changed so many times... lol

thumb upcheersthumb up

edited to add; my lady friend where I'll be staying lives in Glendale, sounds close to where your start point is...

·
Account closed.
39 Posts
Yep Saturday. Yep real close. I'm in the north area right on the border of phx and glendale.

Wish MY lady friend (wife) could come, but she's working. I don't think she could handle a ride that long anyway. So we're looking for a touring bike, or additional cruiser to add to the stable.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My friend says she wants to do the iron butt riding thing with me, so I'm breaking her in quick like, see if she can handle long stints in the saddle. She handled a quick ride down to Tuscon & back last time I was there, with a bunch of running around before & after. So this will be a good bit longer of a ride! We shall see!!

looking forward to meetin ya!!

thumb upcheersthumb up

·
Account closed.
39 Posts
Ohhhh...that's cool! I like breaking chics in. I mean.....crap that sounded bad. Or did it?thumb upthumb up

No worries if we have to stop and rest up. I smoke, so I like my smoke breaks. Plus I'm in no hurry man. Group riding, yes I consider 2 a group, is better done safe, slow(er), and as many stops as needed. What good is the ride if you don't stop to smell the um cactus??

Also, riding makes me HUNGRY!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ohhhh...that's cool! I like breaking chics in. I mean.....crap that sounded bad. Or did it?thumb upthumb up

No worries if we have to stop and rest up. I smoke, so I like my smoke breaks. Plus I'm in no hurry man. Group riding, yes I consider 2 a group, is better done safe, slow(er), and as many stops as needed. What good is the ride if you don't stop to smell the um cactus??

Also, riding makes me HUNGRY!
this all sounds great... my lady is a smoker as well... I like to stop to take pictures, & to eat obviously.

& I must agree... breaking the fems in is a blast!!

thumb upcheersthumb up

·
Registered
46 Posts
I live down in Tucson and would love to join in. Have done that ride a few times. But alas, I have my kids that weekend. Have a good ride and keep the shiny side up. Maybe next time.

·
Account closed.
39 Posts
Of course man! It's just Fish and I so far, and a lady friend of his. Even if there were more, I don't think it could be maxed out.

Not sure what time though. We've been playing phone tag the past 24 hours, and he has no convenient internet access. I'm sure I'll speak to him tomorrow and I'll let you know.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had a GREAT ride yesterday! one of the prettyist (my new word of the day...) rides I have been on yet. Jerome AZ is a site not to be missed. Just as the road getting there...

pics to follow, once I get home...(one quite interesting..)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Glad to hear you guys had a good time, would love to see the pics. A group of us will be doing almost the same route (from Vegas) on Memorial Day weekend. How were the roads?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Glad to hear you guys had a good time, would love to see the pics. A group of us will be doing almost the same route (from Vegas) on Memorial Day weekend. How were the roads?
the roads were in great shape- had zero issues with them. Here are a some pics... the last two, we had stopped to take some pics, this cop pulls up right after we dismount. I walk over to him, he says "It's a great day to write some tickets!" I ask him what we did wrong, he tells us we are fine, he just uses this spot to catch guys down the hill.

I talked him into posing for the last shot. I asked him to point his tazer at us for the pic, he said he couldnt do that!!

edited to add; Had a great ride Upgrayed!! was great meetin ya!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts