Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On January 12 I put my xct on the lift, strapped her in, took the bags etc off, raised the lift and inserted the safety bar. The next day I had a hip replaced.
I wanted the bike up so I could tinker while I recovered from the surgery. Well, today was the first tinker day. I open the garage and she is still strapped in and upright, but the lift is down. The safety bar is bent like a pretzel. Pretty poor place to cut corners.
Beware. If you leave it up, even with the bar, keep kids and pets far away.

·
Administrator
5,973 Posts
On January 12 I put my xct on the lift, strapped her in, took the bags etc off, raised the lift and inserted the safety bar. The next day I had a hip replaced.
I wanted the bike up so I could tinker while I recovered from the surgery. Well, today was the first tinker day. I open the garage and she is still strapped in and upright, but the lift is down. The safety bar is bent like a pretzel. Pretty poor place to cut corners.
Beware. If you leave it up, even with the bar, keep kids and pets far away.
Wow. Any pictures? wac

By the way, I think they all have some disclaimer not to leave a bike up on the lift unattended. Wishing you fast recovery. cheers

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. Any pictures? wac

By the way, I think they all have some disclaimer not to leave a bike up on the lift unattended. Wishing you fast recovery. cheers
I didn't lift it back up as I'm not ready to ride yet anyhow. It was hard just to bend enough to see the bent rod. I'll have it up in a couple weeks and take a pic.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may take a picture this weekend, but I'm really not up to pumping that sucker up again yet. Yes. It is the big red lift 1000 lb capacity.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
It's funny because just the other day I was looking at the bar and how much pressure is on it, it was bowing slightly and I thought that was odd. Post some pics of the bar as well if you could please. Looks like I'm going to be looking for a replacement bar real soon...

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Remember it's HF. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
HF does sell a lot of shitty stuff, the lift itself is great so far, especially for $299! I figure I'll swap out the made from recycled tsunami debris bar with some good North American steel and she'll be good!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
There is 2 different part #'s for this lift, come to think of it when I was reading all the reviews on the lift there was one that was better than the other and had a **** load of excellent reviews while the other had terrible reviews and reports of something snapping on it. I picked the one with the good reviews. I will look and see what the part #s were...

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Hey Lunatic- nice car man- what is it?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hey Lunatic- nice car man- what is it?
79 Pontiac Trans Am 6.6 litre , my first love. Bought it when I was 18 from my aunt who was dying from cancer been in my family since 81....(sorry for the hijack)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
That is totally wicked! Good on you. I really want to go to the US buy something and ship it back.......

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
The trans and 8 ball totally compliment each other too thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
And don't even start about the crappy ramps they sell. At HF you gotta pick n choose what's worth it and what's not. Would I put my XCT up on a HF lift. Maybe in a pinch but not for an extended period of time. Just me.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
And don't even start about the crappy ramps they sell. At HF you gotta pick n choose what's worth it and what's not. Would I put my XCT up on a HF lift. Maybe in a pinch but not for an extended period of time. Just me.
There are 2 lifts with 2 different part numbers, one of the lifts (the older one) has positive reviews and the supposed updated lift has horrible reviews of that bar snapping. My Hammer has been on that lift since the last week of October, I'm constantly working on the bike in my spare time and the lift is up and down numerous times daily. Just like any lift you need to be careful, as long as you update the wheel chock and fill the bottle jack with hydraulic fluid as it is shipped empty (which they don't tell you) it would have no problems lifting your XCT. Depot do you know what the part # is on your lift?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts