Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm going to my Victory dealer tomorrow to buy a 2011 Vegas 8-ball. I'm might be getting some buying jitters and starting to get nervous.
I do have a few concerns and wanted to know what people here thought. The bike I'm planning on getting is a previous demo bike with 3,800 miles on it. So that makes me kind of nervous. I'm getting the bike at a lower price but not sure if it is worth it considering the abuse that demos usually go through. The other concern is that I have seen on this forum and other places about the new transmission locking up the rear tire and some people have even been pitched off the bike. What do you guys think? Any help with this would be great. Thanks in advance. 12hrs away from making a decision.:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
...I have seen on this forum and other places about the new transmission locking up the rear tire and some people have even been pitched off the bike...
Really? wac I have heard the new engine also makes the rear tire spin and some people have been wetting their panties while others have wrinkled their skirts. :ltr:

Sorry, but I cannot take your post seriously. :eek:

Have you considered a 2010 left over model? You could probably save as much as you would on the 2011 demo bike and enjoy a new bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? wac I have heard the new engine also makes the rear tire spin and some people have been wetting their panties while others have wrinkled their skirts. :ltr:

Sorry, but I cannot take your post seriously. :eek:

Have you considered a 2010 left over model? You could probably save as much as you would on the 2011 demo bike and enjoy a new bike.
I do a search and if you look for 2011 vegas 8ball Gear problems posted by Aussie biker and few others if you search even further. Just asking. wac

I have looked at the 2010 models and was told it would 1k more and of course will not have the 106ci motor and 6 speed transmission. What are your thoughts on a getting the Demo? I can get a new 2012 for 2k more. Tough decision.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Well, personally I would fork the two extra grand and get a band new 2012. I don't think getting a 2011 demo bike is justified by saving $2k. But that's just me. You might want to look at other dealers also, as the 2012's are not going to sell as hot cakes in the middle of winter either. Take your time, do your research, and you can get a deal on a brand new bike (I know, the demo's not techically a used bike, but it is).

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I wouldn't let the mileage bother me but I would push to get a warranty thrown in. Tell them to throw in a 5 year extended warranty for free, free first service and ask for 15% discount on future purchases. The weather sucks and you're biting on a year old demo, the scale can tilt more to your side once the realize that letting a sale walk out the door won't help them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Victory usually throws in an extended warranty along with discounts for year old models as an incentive. A demo should bring a bit more discount on top of that. Added up, it can easily make a 20% discount or more on a bike.
A few years back I bought an 07 Kingpin demo and ended up with huge savings, 5 years total warranty and absolutely no issues with the bike.
Good luck with whatever choice you make

·
Registered
72 Posts
I second trying to get a better deal out of the dealer, including getting extras like warranty or parts, that kind of thing.

I can't see the demand for bikes in your area being too high right now, so let the dealer sit on the bike in their showroom for a bit, and let them know you're serious, but only if the price is right. If it gets away, it was never meant to be, and move on to looking for the next Vic.

BTW-Never heard of the locking wheel thing. I suppose if the bike is not maintained it can happen to any bike. Read into things a little more, and I think you'll find out how reliable Vics are, in fact.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have to go with Crossroads on this one Itchy. I bought the wife a sales mangers JEEP (demo) that only had a lil over 2k on it and saved about 3000 by doing it. Great deal but it's always in the back of the mind that it was new but not really. For that kinda money to do it again I would buy BRAND new, not demo new. Thats just me. It's not like you buy a new bike every 6 months...

As for buying VIC.... I am new'er to the brand (this summer my first) but there is NO doubt it was the right way to go. Check out YOUTUBE for 5 product videos about the engine and it's construction. If that don't sell you, then check out the positives vs complaints in this forum. While I may still look at a "glide" or two, I am planning on staying VIC from the performance, ride, and price angles. Welcome, good luck and let us know what you get.

Timcheers

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Ive seen these bikes "Vics" abused at the drag strip and they are very tuff..So as far as a demo goes i wouldnt be afraid of it..BUT Like said i woiuld shop BIG TIME..you can put dealers against dealers and really get a good a great deal this time of year..The deals are out there... I was offered an 09 vegas 8 ball new on the show room floor left over for 9000...with a 5 year warranty.That was in the summer time.I thought that was really good..I took that info and went and delt with another dealer on the bike I have now and as far as I am thinking I stole mine and it has extras..So If you shop and be patient you will get a great deal but if not you will pay

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got it!!

Thanks for everyone's response on this. I bought a NEW was still in the box 2012 Vegas 8-Ball for 10,500 +T&L. No freight or setup! I waited a day and the dealer called me with the offer. Couldn't be happier! This is going to be a long winter. Once again everyone thanks for all the help. Merry Christmas! cheers

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Thanks for everyone's response on this. I bought a NEW was still in the box 2012 Vegas 8-Ball for 10,500 +T&L. No freight or setup! I waited a day and the dealer called me with the offer. Couldn't be happier! This is going to be a long winter. Once again everyone thanks for all the help. Merry Christmas! cheers
We encouraged you to negotiate a better deal and you went and robbed your local dealer! :ltr: Congrats on your new Vegas! cheers Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
156 Posts
How about that X-mas present ,yea! good luck with the bike I also bought late in the season and had to wait to ride, it was a long winter but worth it in the spring . Have fun . Mike

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats Ben!

Good to see you put enough thought into your decision to get what you wanted for what you wanted to pay! Hopefully you didn't make the dealers holiday meal plans change from Christmas goose to McNuggets off the dollar menu...

Now get that sucker home so you can ride it on the nice days! High 30's are tolerable but anything below the 30's is a little rough.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Firm but fair negotions itchy. WOW!!!! You got a sweet deal Well done! Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
38 Posts
2011 Vegas 8ball

I bought myself a 2011 Vegas 8Ball for $9k, had 3,400 miles on it. Couldn't be happier with my purchase (I've already put 2k miles on it in 3 months). I've not experienced this problem that you're talking about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts