Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was considering a new Harley Road King or Street Glide and became interested in the Cross Country. I like the styling and technology used in the XC. Figured I would join up here to get the low down on these bikes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Appears I need to have 2 posts before I can ask questions in other forums so here I am again.

Don't know why I haven't checked out the Victory bikes before. The one that seemed to be promoted the most was the Vision which, I am sorry to say, I don't really like the styling of.

I came upon the videos comparing the Victory and Harley engines and got hooked. While obviously painting the Harley twin cam more negatively than it is in reality, I was impressed with the engineering of the Freedom engine and decided to reserach some of Victory's offerings.

The chassis and suspension seems to best the domestic and foreign competition as well.

I like the fact that Victory didn't try to copy the Harley styling. I don't know if their advertising had fallen on deaf ears with me up to this point, but they should defintely be pushing the "new American motorcycle" message.

My main concern is the lack of dealers. I know they have been around for over a decade now, but it would suck if they didn't survive long term. With Polaris' deep pockets and the success of the XC models they should be pretty established now and dealer base should start to grow.

·
Registered
396 Posts
check the victory website and see when the
demo truck will be in your area or just go to
your nearest dealer and test ride the models
you are intrested in,even some you are not
(like the vision). i think you will be pleasently
surprised.thumb up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check the victory website and see when the
demo truck will be in your area or just go to
your nearest dealer and test ride the models
you are intrested in,even some you are not
(like the vision). i think you will be pleasently
surprised.thumb up
Thanks.

East coast of Canada - no demo rides scheduled and closest dealer is about 250 miles away.

I'll have to go check them out in person, of course, but would like to ask some questions here first.

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts