Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on here for a while posted a bit but mostly have ben reading. I thought I should introduce myself.
We live near Toronto Ontario and we recently purchased a 08 Victory Vegas low, in Michigan. It came with 2850 miles, has heated grips, saddle bags, windshiled, Foot peg extenders, chrome dip stick with temp gauge, luggage rack, swept pipes, and thottle meister throttle lock. Recently installed J&M Cb, and soon to install a driver backrest (when I find the right one).
The bike is my wifes ride and replaces her 97 Virago 1100 Special, which she put 40,000 km in the past 5 years. I ride a Yamaha Venture and pull a Piggy backer trailer.
Every year we try to get on a nice trip, we have been to the Black hills, Yellow stone, mount Evans in Colorado, Cabet Trail in Nova Scotia, The dragon (deal's gap), and the states between hear and there. We cross into Buffalo or to Michigan often and just enjoy riding.
If we were passing through your area we would be glad to stop in and meet you. (that is if we know what city and state you live in.

Rhonda is enjoying her ride so far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Congrats and welcome as well. Is that antenna for a CB?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats and welcome as well. Is that antenna for a CB?
Yes it is a two feet but want to get a three foot one as this one does not work that good. Also difficult to tune it to the CB.

Not sure if I should go Black or a thin silver one. I liked how the black one blends with the black bags.

Any Suggestions or comments ?

Brad

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Yes it is a two feet but want to get a three foot one as this one does not work that good. Also difficult to tune it to the CB.

Not sure if I should go Black or a thin silver one. I liked how the black one blends with the black bags.

Any Suggestions or comments ?

Brad
My next question was going to be "How good is it?" But you already answered that. I am kind partial to black myself.......let me know how the three foot works out.

Can't really make any recommendations due to lack of CB and antenna experience. Trying to gather info myself for future purchase.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My next question was going to be "How good is it?" But you already answered that. I am kind partial to black myself.......let me know how the three foot works out.

Can't really make any recommendations due to lack of CB and antenna experience. Trying to gather info myself for future purchase.
I use the J&M from Sierra Electronics (Ohio), and it works okay with the 2' antena but the 3' i understand is better.
It depends on the use, if riding in a group with CB's no problem but for any great distance get at least the 3' antena, you can also go with a taller antena but I think they look ridiculous.

THe CB Mounting plate I bought for the Victory does not fit my Vegas so I used the mounting plate for the Yamaha.

Try and post a picture later.

Brad

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As promised a few pictures of the J&M Handle bar mount CB.

This CB also has a weather band which you can search for local weather information but I have found many places that do not boadcast the weather (just in the larger city's).

Also has a amplified MP3 imput which means you can listen to Music from an MP3 player and adjust the sound level to your liking from the CB unit.

If you purchase the CB with the passenger unit which is a little more money then you can also have an intercom for you and your passenger. Obviously you also need headsets.

Heres a couple photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Brad

Now that your wife has had the bike for a year how does she like it, we just bought a Vegas Low, my wife has the same JM cb mount on her silverado was thinking about taking it off and mounting it on the Vegas hers is a new 09 were having factory cruise installed, so we won't get it for about 3 weeks or about the same time the 4 letter word arrives (snow) biggest question does it keep up with your Venture LOL reconize your name from the Venture site

John

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John I replied to you at VR.

She likes it and all is well.

I have not replaced the antena yet as it seems to work well. Planing on changing to 3/4 helmut and new headset to see if she can here better. Sometimes the wind noise overpowers the talking.

Brad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts