Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm Porridge (I live in Oz), been riding nearly 50 years on all sorts of bikes but never owned a cruiser, my wife bought one and I have followed suit. I have just bought a 2010 Hammer - It's just lovely - no sports bike hype and frantic revving to get power! Planning trips already.

Porridge

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Welcome to the forum, pic when you can!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Porridge, I like it, maybe you can tell us how you got that name or nickname. :)

Welcome.
OMG well a friend of mine who was one of Australia's fastest production bike riders called me that because he said I was slow and a bit "thick". Well we were all slow compared to him but I resent the "thick" - oh well only your best buddies can insult you like that. He used to ride a Ducati 750 Sport and I used to annoy him on my 1973 750 Kawasaki Mach IV two stroke - still have it. He never had to eat my smoke much!

Porridge

·
Registered
359 Posts
Welcome aboard Porridge, from up in the hills behind the Sunshine Coast.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Obi and NAB! My bike should arrive this week. 2010 Hammer with a few extras - list attached. The owner didn't tell me about them when I bought it during lockdown. - he owner put $$$ into the accessories.... apparently he is now looking at a Triumph Rocket three with a full set of bling.... lucky dealer!

Porridge
VICTORY EXTRAS.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Plenty of chrome anyway!
G'day Porridge.
I'm Motorbikerx 🇦🇺
Living in the Gold Coast ,DownUnder, mate!
Welcome to the forum.
Don't mention politics and religion and grow a thick skin and you may stick around mate.
Most Aussies don't.
That's a fact .
Lotsa great people and info here as long as ya don't get drawn into their politics.
Just a friendly heads up.
I'm off for a ride.
Welcome😎
MBX

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plenty of chrome anyway!
G'day Porridge.
I'm Motorbikerx 🇦🇺
Welcome to the forum.
Don't mention politics and religion and grow a thick skin and you may stick around mate.
Most Aussies don't.
That's a fact .
Lotsa great people and info here as long as ya don't get drawn into their politics.
I'm off for a ride.
Welcome😎
MBX
Thanks for the heads up... nah I'm only here to talk bikes.

Porridge

·
Registered
359 Posts
Plenty of chrome anyway!
G'day Porridge.
I'm Motorbikerx 🇦🇺
Welcome to the forum.
Most Aussies don't.
That's a fact .
I'm off for a ride.
Welcome😎
MBX
Don't mention the war, don't mention the war! Sorry, I'm channeling Monty Python again.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Or should I have said Don't mention the oil, don't mention the oil! But I can't help it! Hey Porridge, what oil were you thinking of using? Duck for cover!

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
359 Posts
Not a clue as yet but I think previous owner had used Penrite... that's all I know.
MotorbikerX's comment in his sold! thread is about as good as it gets in Oz. Ryco Z411 and Penrite 15-50 semi synth diesel oil. Enjoy the ride!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts