Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I've been lurking for a while and just drove my 2010 Cross Roads off the lot. Midnight Cherry. So far, it's all stock, except for the upgraded Ness exhaust. Much louder and deeper sound.

I live outside of Park City, Utah and work in Salt Lake City. Previously, I've been riding a HD Sporty 1200 Low. Love that bike, but it's just not real friendly for my daily commute--about 35 miles of hilly, windy highway over Parley's Canyon/Summit, dropping from about 7500 feet in elevation to 4500.

Appreciate the info on this site and am looking forward to spending some time on the new bike. (Unfortunately, the first ride was straight back to work.)

If you're in Utah, let's go for a ride!

Cheers,
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Welcome from Houston

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello.

I've been lurking for a while and just drove my 2010 Cross Roads off the lot. Midnight Cherry. So far, it's all stock, except for the upgraded Ness exhaust. Much louder and deeper sound.

I live outside of Park City, Utah and work in Salt Lake City. Previously, I've been riding a HD Sporty 1200 Low. Love that bike, but it's just not real friendly for my daily commute--about 35 miles of hilly, windy highway over Parley's Canyon/Summit, dropping from about 7500 feet in elevation to 4500.

Appreciate the info on this site and am looking forward to spending some time on the new bike. (Unfortunately, the first ride was straight back to work.)

If you're in Utah, let's go for a ride!

Cheers,
Dave

Sounds like a great ride to work.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hello.

Love that bike, but it's just not real friendly for my daily commute--about 35 miles of hilly, windy highway over Parley's Canyon/Summit, dropping from about 7500 feet in elevation to 4500.

Cheers,
Dave

Sounds like a nice daily ride to me??

Unless its raining or snowing

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hello.

I

I've been riding a HD Sporty 1200 Low. Love that bike, but it's just not real friendly for my daily commute--about 35 miles of hilly, windy highway over Parley's Canyon/Summit, dropping from about 7500 feet in elevation to 4500.

Cheers,
Dave

Is the new bike the one you love or the old HD 1200??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha. Love them both. Going to be sad to sell the Sporty, honestly.

But coming down those big, downhill highway curves... so much better on the Cross Roads. The curves I was taking cautiously at 55 on the Sporty, I'm taking confidently at 70 on the XR.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Love that bike, but it's just not real friendly for my daily commute--about 35 miles of hilly, windy highway over Parley's Canyon/Summit, dropping from about 7500 feet in elevation to 4500.

you know....i know EXACTLY what you mean....
on this bike and on a road as i imagine your is, i woudl probably never make it to work.

utah is some might fine riding...that's for sure.

cheers back

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a FXRS in addition to my Vision Tour but I'll keep it. I've had it forever and just cant part with it even though I only ride it a few times a year. Too many good memories.....

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
welcome to the family!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts