Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Although I've been on this forum since January, this is my first post. I used to ride a Z1000 (first bike), however got rid of it a few years ago as it wasn't the best fit and just didn't ride it enough (the cruiser style fits me much better). After a number of years without riding, I couldn't resist anymore and finally picked up a '13 Highball in late May.
I haven't done too many mods so far, however after researching the information and listening to the opinions of other members on this forum, I finally ordered and finished installing my Bassani pipes, S&S intake and PCV w/AT, and couldn't be happier with the results.
Looking forward to meeting other Vic riders along the way.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Hello! also from Calgary... I am rolling a 13 HB with Bassani pro street turn outs, PCV, dyno tune next week hopefully... How is the AT? I steered away from AT cause I want to milk as ponies as I can out of my 106". That being said I am wondering how you like it and if I should reconsider? How hard is the air filter to remove and clean/replace with the S&S. I didn't add it cause it looked like you had to pull the tank to do it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I considered going with just the PCV only and dyno tune route, but wanted to be able to adjust it myself. The install was easy, but I'm still experimenting with the AFR and fuel tables. I also used the map from Dynojet for the 106 w/rpw pipes and S&S as a starting point for tuning. I'm sure that its not exactly dialed in just yet, and only have about 400 Km's on it so far. Can't really compare it to just the PCV only because I installed them both together. But my trim settings are getting lower on every ride, so I guess it's doing its thing. Most changes now are only 0-3 after a ride for the front and rear trims.
I did have to pull the tank to install the S&S, but the instructions were very straightforward and it wasn't too difficult. Had to search around for a PCV wire saw but found them eventually at Lowe's. I also got the service manual from this forum and cross referenced that as well while i was doing it (for things like pulling the tank and the othermore basic stuff, as this is the first bike I've worked on). Fortunately it also made installing the PCV very easy, as there is much more room under there now without the stock intake. It cleans the front end up nicely. If I were to do the install again, could probably shave a few hours off the whole install time (damn stock pipes were a pain to remove). I took it pretty slow just to make sure I didn't miss anything and to do as neat of an install as possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, there is no way you could install the S&S without pulling the tank off.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
No I mean change the air filter itself... You don't use the stock air filter location with the S&S correct? It is an oval shaped filter on top of the throttle body like an old v8 engine? Or am I out to lunch?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are correct, you can't pull the filter (for cleaning or service) without pulling the tank. Really though, it's only about 5-10 minutes to pull the tank (3 bolts, 2 vent hoses, a fuel line disconnect and one plug under the tank when you lift it up) and is pretty simple once you've done it once and know what to expect. I'll have to check what they recommend for a service interval on it (I'm curious now myself), however I suspect that it shouldn't be too often. For the power gains and cleaner look as well, the extra steps every so often that are now required are something I can live with.
Not sure if the Torque Tube filters can be changed with the tank on, however for myself, it wasn't in the budget and I didn't want them to be out too far (just based on some of the pictures I've seen where they seem to protrude more below the front of the tank, although I've never seen them in person).
If you're looking for all the power possible as your previous post mentioned, they might fit the bill better for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts