Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 6'1 245 lbs and looking at a Vegas....I like the sleek lines and am wondering if i will just be too big on this bike? My last bike was an HD FXR and then a VTX 1300 before that.

I like the Victory line and am excited. Before you tell me to go sit on one, I have to drive almost 2 hours to go see the one I am interested in.

Im pretty excited. thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If you were comfortable on the VTX you'll be just as comfortable or more on a Vegas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you were comfortable on the VTX you'll be just as comfortable or more on a Vegas.

Awesome, thank you ammo_umb i couldn't have asked for a better reference. At the size of it, I figured I would be ok, but never know the model specific stuff. I am going to look at and possibly purchase tomorrow. thank you again!!!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I have a friend with a Vegas who's about 6'4" tall. He put on 5" forward controls and loves it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi and welcome,

As the others said, you will or can make yourself very comfortable.
I am 6,0', 240pounds. I got the factory 2'' extensions on my High-Ball, which is a vegas and it fits me just right. I know there are aftermarket 4'' and 5'' extensions that I would be curious to try but these 2'' are all I need right now.
Get a good road test and I am confident it will fit your size. Victorys are generally more comfortable for bigger person than some other manufacturer.
Enjoy your ridecheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the wonderful input...I indeed purchased it tonight and rode it home....in the rain...handled really nice in the rain, and in fact it just handled nice period. I definitely would like at least 2" forwards on there just from how it felt on my 100 mile ride home.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats Hanger!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well here is my 04 Vegas with 14k miles.....I like the color scheme...well crap, I like everything about it....

Anyone know anything about windshield on it? Was that stock? Name or model of it? I am guessing Mini Standard Windscreen?

Nevermind the license plate, thats gone now...was previous owners..

Thanks again to everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Nice lookin' bike, welcome to the wonderful world of Victory.
Where in IN? Niles MI here.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Congrats on the new ride ! I myself am 6'2 220 and just picked up the 2013 Hammer , I love it and seems to fit me perfect. My first victory also. Good luck with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts