Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to move over from a Vulcan 900 classic LT to an XCT. I may keep the vulcan for shorter rides - will have to put some miles on the XCT and make that decision down the road.

Mike
Salt Lake City

·
Registered
110 Posts
I moved from a Vulcan 2000 to my XT and love it! With insurance costs here up north there's no way I could do both - would be nice though

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I've found a bike on CL that is set up the way I want it and currently have a bid seeker set up on Uship.com for transport.

I'd ride it the 1400 miles but low temps = too much risk of hitting a slick patch.

I'd love to PM someone a link to the bike I'm looking at for opinions if anyone is game.

Thanks

Mike
Salt Lake City

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Hi from another part of Utah!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
There are a few others! I suggest going to Tri City in Centerville and taking a demo on an XCT. If you get there early enough you'll probably be able to take one out for an hour or so. Talk to Trish when you go there.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Been there and have talked to them. Also visited a couple dealers in Phoenix area who seemed more committed the the bike end of the brand.
As I type this I'm slated to buy a used bike from 1300 miles away. Already set up 'zactly the way I want it. Just have to deal with the logistics of getting it here.
Vulcan 900 was an excellent bike to learn on - just got it 6 weeks ago and learned to ride on it. We have some awesome rides here in UT but they all require some freeway travel and I'm not in luv with the 900 for such riding.
Today I feel blessed that my Wife has given her blessing to go forward with a CCT purchase. She's excited for me to get up to speed as a rider so she can head out with me.

There are a few others! I suggest going to Tri City in Centerville and taking a demo on an XCT. If you get there early enough you'll probably be able to take one out for an hour or so. Talk to Trish when you go there.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Now that it's close to snowmobile season they do pay a little less attention to Vic but they are the best Vic dealer in the state.

I wouldn't suggest going to Logan (too many brands and no complete knowledge of any of them) but have you tried Evanston yet? The manager used to work at Tri City and is very good to work with too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to know and thanks. Mike in Centerville seemed like a good guy the couple times I talked with him.
I did call Evanston but they were sold out of inventory.

Now that it's close to snowmobile season they do pay a little less attention to Vic but they are the best Vic dealer in the state.

I wouldn't suggest going to Logan (too many brands and no complete knowledge of any of them) but have you tried Evanston yet? The manager used to work at Tri City and is very good to work with too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts