Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi from charlotte nc been a harle rider about 20 yrs i have a 2011 cvo road glide ultra long story short mototr went out hd vioded my warrenty i did the rebuild my self turned out great but $5000.00
iam done with harley and looking for a new family and bike:crzy:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
hi from charlotte nc been a harle rider about 20 yrs i have a 2011 cvo road glide ultra long story short mototr went out hd vioded my warrenty i did the rebuild my self turned out great but $5000.00
Victory can help you with the bike, but it's mostly dudes here. If you want a new family, you might want to check in with e-harmony.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the HD trouble. Grab some popcorn, and watch the following videos...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Hi I am pretty sure that you should take it a step farther and get to a Victory dealer for a demo ride. IMHO most ex-HD guys that jump off the wagon are happy with their decisions. The biggest complaint is that the exhaust isn't loud enough and parts/t-shirts are as easy to find.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I'm also from Charlotte. There is a GREAT Victory/Indian dealer just south on I-85 near Gastonia/Lowell. Mark is the owner and is a great guy. There are three other dealers around this area but IMHO, non of the others com close to that shop.

Would love to hear how a (nearly) new CVO ngin "let go" so early in it's life should we ever meet in person. Private Message me a couple of days in advance if your ever headed out for one of the numerous bike nights and want to meet up. I feel the Ness edition of these bikes are about as close as your going to get with a Victory to a CVO (Diamond cut cylinders, chrome most places, special paint, seats, etc....

·
Registered
261 Posts
What a Bunch of Crap!!

If your HD Dealer caused your warranty to be voided for the minor modifications you made and made by most other owners of HD's that means he/she is a crappy dealer that just doesn't want to do warranty work.

In being a franchised dealer that person has a responsibility to not only the manufacturer but to the customer. If that dealer is worth a chit they will go to bat all the way for their customer.

If HD factory reps were involved in the decision to decline your warranty repair that really sucks. Spend around $30,000 for a friggin motorcycle, then spend hundreds, possibly thousands more on GENUINE HD after market parts and accessories and they flat decline your warranty claim?

Weak dealer, weak Manufacturer's rep, weak company....... I would raise hell right up to Willie G hisself if it were me.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
If your HD Dealer caused your warranty to be voided for the minor modifications you made and made by most other owners of HD's that means he/she is a crappy dealer that just doesn't want to do warranty work.
I'd have to know the problem, but changing the fueling characteristics of a motorcycle is NOT a minor modification. Just because a lot of people do it does not mean that someone who didn't know what they were doing couldn't screw it up royally.

Weak dealer, weak Manufacturer's rep, weak company....... I would raise hell right up to Willie G hisself if it were me.
He might not be much help in this. He retired.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You would not be the first "previously disgruntled" Harley owner to convert to Victory. I didn't watch the comparison videos until after I'd traded my Road King. The video's aren't marketing hype. Final straw for me was a $1000 baked stator. One good thing about the HD, I got a good trade-in allowance for it.

Get out and ride one, while you don't have as many aftermarket options as HD, there are pipes and plenty of things available from a handful of non-OEM vendors.

·
Registered
396 Posts
definately go test ride a vic,
what impressed me was the power they make
right out of the box.thumb up

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
7125, repeat after me; dependability, handling, comfort, power. Good job! Now you know what us Victory riders have been experiencing.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
iam thinking saturday would be a good day to test drive 1
Be vewy, vewy careful...you are likely to go home with one. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am one. I sold my 2008 softail just to get back on a victory. I took a chit from all my buddies but did not care! I hated the dealers I hated the over priced parts and most of all I hated the way the bike road. It sure was pretty setting outside the bar and I got a ton of compliments on her but I would rather ride and ride hard. So I switched back and take the rubbing from my buddies but it is funny how they will jump at the chance to ride my XR.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
So I switched back and take the rubbing from my buddies but it is funny how they will jump at the chance to ride my XR.
Jealousy takes many forms, Bigsea.cheers

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'd have to know the problem, but changing the fueling characteristics of a motorcycle is NOT a minor modification. Just because a lot of people do it does not mean that someone who didn't know what they were doing couldn't screw it up royally.

He might not be much help in this. He retired.
While I agree with you that certain modifications can result in mechanical failure, there are always shades of grey in a warranty and the way they are administered by the dealer the dealership staff. I know, because I was a general manager of a dealership (albeit new cars) for 15 years. We were able to get warranty claims approved because of our relationship with the manufacturer as well as our tenacity.

Not knowing the full story is not helpful, but if someone were to purchase the "cream of the crop" product and have a failure that resulted in a $5,000 repair, I still question the strength and resolve of both Harley and the dealer.

Naming Willie G as a contact was a metaphore for climbing the ladder at Harley for satisfaction. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts