Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Welcome from this ex Rogers Park boy. What part of the Windy City do you reside in? What do you ride? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from this ex Rogers Park boy. What part of the Windy City do you reside in? What do you ride? Inquiring minds want to know.
Roger's Park has turned into a pretty cool area. I'm in the South Loop. My ride is a 2012 Vegas 8-Ball.

Last bike was a blue 2007 Honda VTX 1300R. Really liked it for its dependability but I never really felt that strong about it and knew I would trade it in after a few years for something more suited to my tastes.

Have always admired Harleys for their legendary American motorcycle status but their initial cost and maintenance / reliability issues kept me away. Was leaning hard towards the Honda Fury for over a year before I began to check into Victory's line up.

Besides the great styling and solid reviews, it was when I started learning about the Freedom motor that I knew what my next bike would be. The prospect of owning an American made bike with engineering on par and surpassing the metrics locked it in for me.

Initially planned on getting a used model, something a few years old---only suckers buy new, right? Then I learned that Victory started using the 106 on the 8-Ball as of 2011 as well as that great new 6-speed tranny. I consider this bike to be a platform that I will tinker with and customize for the next 10 years or more so I knew I wouldn't be satisfied with the 100 CI and the 5-speed.

Bought it without ever acutally test riding one. Had the pleasure of putting mile number one on it. Love this bike.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Ain't that a hoot, putting the very first numbers on the odo!?! I ordered my XR after a test ride on the dealer's demo bike. This was right after they were introduced and there weren't any red ones on the floor, so the factory made one for me - really! It had my name on it from the beginning of assembly to the grand opening at the dealer. Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun with your Vegas 8-Ball, keep us posted.

South Loop, eh? Anywhere near Manny's Deli? That's my go to place whenever we go to Chicago to visit cousins who live at the north end of the Loop.

Been hearing that Rogers Park has been having gang problems lately. What's your take on that? We're having gang problems here too, what with city, county and state politicians ganging up on us tax payers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts