Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just hanging around to learn a few things. Going to be getting a bike in the future. Either a Vic XTC or Indian Roadmaster.....leaning towards the Roadmaster, but time will tell.

Hoping to learn a few things from the members here.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I am going to go out on a limb a bit and suggest that if you have no experience riding you would be better off with other brands. Both Victory and Indian make very large bikes, larger than I would ever recommend to a new rider. The same goes for the HD brand bikes that start at 883 cc. For a new rider I would suggest a used bike at no more than a 650cc displacement. Until you have been riding a while a large bike like these can be a real challenge. A new rider needs to learn to ride before learning to finesse a large displacement bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not new to bikes, but it has been a while....about 11 years now. I had 2 when I was younger. A Harley, then went to a Yamaha V-star 650 because it actually ran when it was supposed to. I did the Iowa rider safety course and the whole bit back then.

LOST my bike when things between my then wife and I went south...been paying big child support ever since. But, I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel now, and it may be time to get back into the saddle again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts