Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo
My name is Lubo and I'm from Bulgaria. I bought Victory V92C SC 2000, but unfortunately can't find service manual.
I hope some of you can help me.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for wishes. Unfortunately I can't find anything here. Can you help me with the link.

Lubo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for quick replay.
In service manual of the link doesn't Victory 1999-2001 model. I have problem in fuel injection. The display shows me error 9. Motor works at low speed , but the throttle fading and quench.
In service manual 2002-2004 has a difference in Pin ECU to manual 1999-2001.

Lubo

·
Registered
545 Posts
There are folks here far more qualified than me but I'll say. Generic answers are 1. Clean the throttle body if you have not already done so 2. TPS reset may also be an option 3. Buy a new Victory and send me that one ;). I'm personally think number 3 may be your best bet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
545 Posts
Има хора тук за повече квалифицирани от мен, но аз ще кажа. Генеричните отговори са 1. Почистване на дроселовата клапа, ако не сте го направили 2. TPS нулиране може да бъде опция 3. Закупете нова победа и да ми изпратите, че един ;). Аз лично мисля, че номер 3 може да бъде най-добре. This is just a test. I don't speak Bulgarian.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! :) The throttles are cleaned. I hope you can tell me the procedure to reset TPS. I will think about number 3. :) I like my Victory very much and in Bulgaria is the ONLY :)

Regards
Lubo

·
Registered
545 Posts
Good luck finding a tech that can fine tune a '99 Victory-you're better off learning and having the ability to tweak it yourself Here's how you set & adjust your TPS settings on an early V92C-

Static TPS Reset:
Jump the B & E pins in the diagnostic plug under your right side cover using small insulated alligator clips. If your looking at the plug with three pins on top - ABC is the top row & D E are the two bottom pins-so jumper the top center pin B, and the bottom right side pin E. So Make sure your idle adjustment lever is completely off & with the key off, place the jumper wire from pin B to pin E. Then, key ON for 30 seconds, key OFF, remove jumper. This is the starting point for further adjustments.

Dynamic TPS Adjustment:
1. Once the bike is warmed up, bring it in to your work area and turn a fan onto the front of the bike to provide cooling.

2. There is a small wiring harness on the computer with 5 male pins in the plug. On the backside of the plug (where the wires go into the plug) are the wiring letters � A.B.C.D.E.

3. Ignition switch OFF.

4. Using a wire with alligator clips on each end � connect pins B and E (big elephant) THUS SHORTING these two pins. CAUTION � do not short any other pins � insulated alligator clips are your best bet.

5. Turn the key on and start the warm bike.

6. NOTE � the odometer should be occasionally flashing, "Check engine". This means you are now in the CALIBRATE MODE. Wait one minute for the rich cold start program to work

7. Go to the left side of the bike and under the gas tank is the idle screw. Use a long #2 Phillips screw driver.

8. Reduce the RPM by going counter clockwise to about 750 RPM. NOTE � go slowly and in small increments. This counter clockwise turn is actually making it richer. Try not to let the motor stall. All we're doing is feeling for a range of settings. If the motor stalls � go clockwise just a little to re-start � wait one minute for the rich cold start program to work.

9. Now slowly and incrementally turn the idle screw clockwise, thus leaning the motor. Turn a little � count to 5 � turn a little count to 5. It takes the computer a moment to catch up with the new voltage you are setting.

10.Suddenly the motor is going to sound 'happy'. This should occur around 875 to 950 rpm very even firing pulses, smooth running, and low engine noise. STOP turning clockwise right there.

11. Now turn counterclockwise 1/16th to 1/8th of a turn.

12.Disconnect Big Elephant while the bike is running. Insure the odometer reads mileage and the "check engine" quit flashing. This means you are OUT OF THE CALIBRATE MODE.

13. Now go back to the idle screw and go clockwise to 1000 rpm

You should now have easier starts � do 35 MPH in 5th gear � smoother drivability � powerful roll-ons � less engine chatter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks very much !!!!! I will do this week and I'll tell you the result.

Thanks again !!

Lubo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts