Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

My name is Arnie. I'm a retired sailor (US Navy) living in northern NY. I've owned a variety of motorcycles in the last 30 years and recently (July) bought myself a 2010 Kingpin. It has certainly put alot of the fun back in riding. So much so that I bought my wife a 2011 Vegas 8 Ball. She's loving it!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome to the party.

Upstate New York has some beautiful riding. I've been to Americade over in Lake George a couple times, always a great ride.

Sounds nice having 2 Vic's in the garage. My gal still rides her VTX when we're not on tour, maybe I can get her to switch when its time for her to get a new bike.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome to-the-board.

I am new to Victory bikes myself , only had mine for a little over a year and 13,000 miles. So far all I can say is it's been great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. Sadly, I think the Vics are under their blankets for the next 4 or 5 months. Woke up to 11 degrees with an expected high of 38. I don't hesitate to start a ride at 38 degrees or even 30 but it needs to get to 50 at least later in the day! Forecast is for a couple inches of the white stuff tonight. Yuck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question

Can anyone enlighten me to why all of a sudden I can only post threads and replies in a select few places?? I can't even reply to threads I've started in other parts of the forums.

·
Registered
579 Posts
New rules to help prevent forum spam.

Once you clear 5 posts, you should be able to post anywhere. You have now cleared your 5.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe it's five "new" posts since the rules were added? It's still telling me I can't reply to my own thread in another section! I've sent a message to the admins to see if there may be some other reason. In the mean time...one more post after this!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A little story about my Kingpin

Just a little story that may serve as a reminder to never let your guard down...no matter what time of day it is!!

I bought my 2010 Kingpin on July 22nd (2011, it was a leftover!) I drove it out of the dealer parking lot at approximately 9:30 am. About 20 minutes later I was sitting at a red light (I had to run an errand for the spousal unit) and I got hit from behind. Not hard mind you, never really moved actually. Most stories wait till the end for the lesson. Not me. Because I had been hit from behind before I always give myself plenty of room between myself and any vehicle in front and ALWAYS watch what's coming up behind me, ESPECIALLY in a city! Well...my bad...I was admiring the new bike and was having trouble seeing past the big grin on my face from the fun ride it is! Had plenty of room in front but wasn't paying attention behind. ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION!!!

Anyway, to finish the story. The fender of the Kingpin was damaged. Scraped paint and some buckling of sheet metal. I told the other driver I was going to pull my bike off the road and I would need to see her insurance info. I also called 9-1-1 on my cell because I knew I would need a report. As I was on the phone telling them the info, I also got to tell them her plate number as she was driving off from the scene. Short version...when the state police caught up with her she was .34 drunk! Before 10 am!!

Anyway, the bike got fixed at the expense of her insurance and I do believe she spent a little time in jail.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just a little story that may serve as a reminder to never let your guard down...no matter what time of day it is!!

I bought my 2010 Kingpin on July 22nd (2011, it was a leftover!) I drove it out of the dealer parking lot at approximately 9:30 am. About 20 minutes later I was sitting at a red light (I had to run an errand for the spousal unit) and I got hit from behind. Not hard mind you, never really moved actually. Most stories wait till the end for the lesson. Not me. Because I had been hit from behind before I always give myself plenty of room between myself and any vehicle in front and ALWAYS watch what's coming up behind me, ESPECIALLY in a city! Well...my bad...I was admiring the new bike and was having trouble seeing past the big grin on my face from the fun ride it is! Had plenty of room in front but wasn't paying attention behind. ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION!!!

Anyway, to finish the story. The fender of the Kingpin was damaged. Scraped paint and some buckling of sheet metal. I told the other driver I was going to pull my bike off the road and I would need to see her insurance info. I also called 9-1-1 on my cell because I knew I would need a report. As I was on the phone telling them the info, I also got to tell them her plate number as she was driving off from the scene. Short version...when the state police caught up with her she was .34 drunk! Before 10 am!!

Anyway, the bike got fixed at the expense of her insurance and I do believe she spent a little time in jail.
Wow 10am , maybe she was on her way home :rolleyes: .
Glad it wasn't worse.

Sometimes it's the little things that get us, when we aren't focused.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts