Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Make him happy

My wife bought me a Victory without me knowing, never had a V-Twin, but she just went to the shop and bought one for me.... Now that is awesome

Welcome to this site...

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
Welcome Layla (I love that name) from the Pacific Northwet. Wife and I have ridden over 200,000 miles two-up and saw a lot of this country. Great grandkids love to look through the photo albums (real ones with pages) of their great grandma in riding gear. That can be you many years from now. The Victory Cross Country is a wonderful mount for doing that. Don't pass up getting the heated saddle. Good luck and keep us posted.
If hubby has never ridden a motorcycle, a rider course is a must before you go any farther. Where do y'all live?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome from southern Idaho. My wife and I both ride, each on our own bikes though we have thousands of miles two-up. We've made some our best memories from the backs of motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Hi! A newbie here. Hubby's wants a bike and he's convincing me. Still thinking about it a lot. :smile
I think you should succumb to your husbands desires!
Just make sure he buys a Victory and that it's got a comfy back seat.
Welcome to the forum Layla.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome from the left coast of the US.
Lots of very helpful folks on the forum, give Us some basic info.
What's his/your riding experience?
What part of the world do you live in?
My wife is always nervous about riding but after about 20 minutes I feel the death grip on my jacket loosen up and next I see her helmet turning to watch the scenery, by the time we get home her anxiety is gone, until the next time when we start over

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
Bully, after my worst chemo and radiation I had lost a lot of strength and the bike I had at that time, a first gen Yamaha Venture, became awfully intimidating and I would literally be shaking anticipating riding it. Taking a valerian root capsule at least 20 minutes prior to the ride calmed those jitters with no side effects whatsoever. Valerian can be found wherever vitamins and supplements are sold - groceries, drug stores, etc.. I do believe valerian would be beneficial for your wife, as well.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Bully, after my worst chemo and radiation I had lost a lot of strength and the bike I had at that time, a first gen Yamaha Venture, became awfully intimidating and I would literally be shaking anticipating riding it. Taking a valerian root capsule at least 20 minutes prior to the ride calmed those jitters with no side effects whatsoever. Valerian can be found wherever vitamins and supplements are sold - groceries, drug stores, etc.. I do believe valerian would be beneficial for your wife, as well.
Thanks Ric, I'll check it out. And dam sorry to hear you went thru that but happy to see you are still around to keep us honest on here ��

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
Better than valerian was selling the Venture and getting a Cross Roads. Lower seat and CG worked wonders to calm the jitters.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My wife and I have put thousands of miles on our cross country. I don't have a tourer but I do have the trunk. My wife loves ride back there and read her Kindle on flat stretches. Lots of room, lots of storage, but handles like a smaller bike. Good luck 🍻

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
Pretty Wife and I have about 200K miles two-up--great years for sure. We have seen a lot of this country, including Hawaii, on two wheels. Our great grandkids are duly impressed with their motorcycling grandma and grandpa.

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Hi Layla! Welcome to the forum from Jacksonville, FL! Get the bike and enjoy it! Good excuse to spend time together! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts