Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and Merry Christmas. I'm Rey and I am now the quite pleased owner of a 2006 8 Ball. I got my bike two days ago and have already put 300 miles on it. I had to stop today for the family festivities, but I shall be out on it again tomorrow delivering presents. I don't think I have ever got so comfortable so quickly with any other bike I've owned.

Why a Victory? Well I'm a rally biker. Loading up your bike with camping equipment and going to other clubs meets/rallies and staying in a muddy field all weekend. Excessive amounts of alcohol, live bands and generally having a good time. Well I've owned a Buell for the last six years. Great bike but you can't carry much on them. So two years ago I (with help from some friends) built a BMW K100rs engined trike. Great for carrying stuff but you get stuck in traffic. So I decided that with my advancing years, dodgy knee etc, it was time for a cruiser. A bloke came over from Germany to buy the Buell for the asking price and the trike went for the buy it now price on ebay. I ride quite a bit with Harley riders from RAF Lakenheath near Cambridge (It's a USAF base), but Harleys have never appealed to me...I've always thought of them as bigger, slower more expensive Buells. I read the write ups on the Victory and as I have a dealer only ten miles from me nipped down for a test ride. Two miles into the test the decision was made.

My 8 ball is five years old but it only has 7,000 miles on it and looks new which is an achievement considering northern English weather!
I hope to pick up some hints and tips from you all......

Cheers

Rey

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Congrats, welcome aboard, and Merry Christmas.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
cheers Welcome aboard from The Great State of Texas!!!!

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Alright Rey, get'er done!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts