Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the manual there is no indication of what bulb type the HID bulb is. Can a person just replace the bulb with an LED or do I need to do more?

Seems the two high low beam are H4 but what is the HID bulb?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Direct replacement. Plug the LED in, adjust and go...

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
But isn't the HID bulb a different bulb?
Yes a Hid is a special bulb that requires a special ballast to operate

I don't have one in mine so I can only speak to generalities.
HID's came on some Vic's as a low beam only from the factory. This because it could be left on all the time and a Halogen bulb could supplement it for high beam. It takes a moment for a HID to come to full brightness and to get a instant on high beam this was the factory solution.

They are also sold as a after market kit where you add two ballasts and two after market HID bulbs.

There is a member here who markets them.

Hope this helps some.

Edit: I think the HID low beam was a factory option that could be added to later Cross bikes.
Don't know about visions for certain but they probably were an option available for them also???
If you have two H4 bulbs in your headlight one above the other you don't have that option.
It would be a different sort of bulb coming off a ballast module mounted in the low beam position.
Something like that. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Ok thanks guys for the input, so the Vision's HID bulb uses a standard H4 socket but only uses the low beam setting?
You'd be far better off waiting for someone who has one to chime in.
I'm just likely to get you going sideways. I don't have my manual or bike where I am right now and I don't have a vision.
As I remember. The HID for a cross bike uses the standard H4 on high beam. The low beam is a special bulb which I remember being quite different and expensive. It had a separate ballast that made it function that was mounted in the fairing.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Crap!... @Tony.v better follow Joe's advice, I was going quick and didn't realize I was in the Vision forum, things might be different in that bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts