Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On page 28 of the 2013 Victory Accessories Catalog describing the HID driving beam(part#2877657)is written, "Stock on CCT". I ordered the HID driving beam as part of my accessories package. Did I make a mistake and order something that is already on the bike and the dealer did not make me aware of this? Or, is HID driving beam(part#2877657) an upgrade. I looked at the headlight on my bike and it looks like a halogen high and low beam bulb. But I don't know what an HID bulb looks like. It's not that I don't trust the dealer, I just don't trust anyone.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
On page 28 of the 2013 Victory Accessories Catalog describing the HID driving beam(part#2877657)is written, "Stock on CCT".
It was stock on the 2012 XCT - no longer the case for 2013 models.

I ordered the HID driving beam as part of my accessories package. Did I make a mistake and order something that is already on the bike and the dealer did not make me aware of this? Or, is HID driving beam(part#2877657) an upgrade.
You don't have it - thus no mistake made.

I looked at the headlight on my bike and it looks like a halogen high and low beam bulb. But I don't know what an HID bulb looks like.
HID bulbs don't have a filament - If you see a filament in the bulb, it's not HID.

It's not that I don't trust the dealer, I just don't trust anyone.
Smart man. thumb up

·
Registered
218 Posts
I can second the fact the 13's don't come stock with HID. Last weekend a salesman turned on a CCT to see if they had HID and they don't. He did say the 12's had them and didn't know why it wasn't carried over.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Sand Man:

1) What CrossRoads said. You'll find mention of the 2012-only HID situation in the XCT review at webBikeWorld, http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-reviews/victory-cross-country-tour-review/ ; search the page for HID.

2) You see that thing -- with connectors -- under the black bracket on the far right, in the attached picture? That's the ballast for the HID light (unless I'm completely mistaken, which only happens now and again). So, if and when you take the front fairing off, you won't see that (or probably the black bracket, either); taking off the fairing's not too bad -- eight bolts, as I recall, and lift it up and off. (The shiny thing on the far left is the radio, to which I was in the process of mounting a horn; see my gallery, if interested.)

3) CrossRoads himself sells an HID kit, which is probably cheaper and better, if you want and can cancel your order. I'm just sayin'.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts