Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 2007 Vegas with 1400 miles and was curious what kind of HID light kits you guys are using or possibly LED if its possible. Also was wondering if there are any mods or upgrades that need to be done one these since this is my first one.

thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Yes, I have one of the above Victory HID kits in my Vegas and its fantastic!
Your 07 Vegas certainly has low miles!
And yes there are some very worthwhile mods you can make.
Welcome to the Forum and to Victory.
We Ride

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have one of the above Victory HID kits in my Vegas and its fantastic!
Your 07 Vegas certainly has low miles!
And yes there are some very worthwhile mods you can make.
Welcome to the Forum and to Victory.
We Ride

What would be one of the worthwhile mods? Been looking around just to see what needs to be done and what makes the bike stand out

·
Registered
169 Posts
What would be one of the worthwhile mods? Been looking around just to see what needs to be done and what makes the bike stand out
Unless you like your bike sounding like a sewing machine, you'll want to ditch those stock pipes asap. More than a few of us have the Freedom Performance curved radius pipes...they sound amazing. If you want louder, look to ground pounders or any other similar short style just be forewarned, they are loud as all hell and you cannot tune out all the popping. But there are load of options from just sound to straight performance pipes.

You'll also want a fuel controller or a similar device so smooth out the stock AFR and prevent the bike from running way too lean. There are a few options, some better or different than others. Power Commander, Lloydz, Doebeck and so on. Research what works best for you and your ability if you like to tune them yourself.

Timing wheels also...load of intakes to choose from...victory HID is a good, simple, affordable mod...add a tach if you don't have one...also new bars from another model or something different...

WitchDoctors.com - Victory Motorcycle Parts Supplier - great company to deal with.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Yes and if youve got the money for high-end Premium handlebars, then you wont do better than Burleigh Bars!
Especially with the Forum members $100 discount and the low Aussie dollar.
Bang for buck the LLOYDZ timing wheel and Crossroads Victory HID. Headlights cant be beat too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hello Nate, perhaps you've already found all that you were looking for as this thread is now a few months old. I don't visit this site a whole lot anymore. Anyways, we've got the same year and model so I thought I'd share some simple aftermarket ideas with you. Everything I did except for the dyno tune are pretty simple bolt-on jobs. I also came up with a very easy way of stiffening up the stock handlebar mounts which is pictured in the link in my signature with everything else. I've got CrossRoad's HID kit too, no complaint there however I know its not technically legal where I live so I may need to change it to an LED headlight some day. My two favourite mods (for looks) are the LED signals and S&S Air Intake. The stock products just looked too damn cheep and plastic to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts