Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Has anyone ordered a HID kit for their victory from xenonhids.com? I ordered a 55W slim ballast kit and am trying to install now. I came across a problem with the new bulb housing not sitting in the slot for the bulb like the original bulb does.
Dunno mate, ..how come you didnt go with Crossroads Victory HID kit, its a simple plug in. Was on my Vegas.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Dunno mate, ..how come you didnt go with Crossroads Victory HID kit, its a simple plug in. Was on my Vegas.
He only joined a few days ago; it's very likely he didn't know about them...

·
13,188 Posts
NEVER touch bulb with fingers. You'll destroy it.
There is adapter ring for light or you pry ring off old bulb

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He only joined a few days ago; it's very likely he didn't know about them...
Yup. Didn't know about it. I may try and return this kit if it's too much trouble and get the one you're talking about. Do you have a link?

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
While its a good practice to not touch the bulbs, if you happen to touch them, just clean them with alcohol before you install them.

And +1 for victoryhid, I have had them since like 2013 and had to warranty a ballast already. The hardest part was waiting for the shipping :grin

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While its a good practice to not touch the bulbs, if you happen to touch them, just clean them with alcohol before you install them.

And +1 for victoryhid, I have had them since like 2013 and had to warranty a ballast already. The hardest part was waiting for the shipping
Yea I should have done my research but I got impatient. I'm talking to the company now to see if I can get my money back and get a victoryhid kit.

·
Super Moderator
5,037 Posts
VictoryHID in both of my Vics. Trouble free.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Yea I should have done my research but I got impatient. I'm talking to the company now to see if I can get my money back and get a victoryhid kit.
I think youd be extremely lucky to get yr money back just cos you changed yr mind, specially as youve opened and handled the goods.
Good Luck there mate....how much did you pay anyway?
Victory HID in my Vegas for 25,000 miles trouble free.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think youd be extremely lucky to get yr money back just cos you changed yr mind, specially as youve opened and handled the goods.
Good Luck there mate....how much did you pay anyway?
Victory HID in my Vegas for 25,000 miles trouble free.
I didn't change my mind. The product I ordered doesn't fit as advertised. They had a selection specifically for the 13 Judge. And the bulb was the first thing I opened so nothing else is out of the packaging. I paid 90 with free shipping.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I didn't change my mind. The product I ordered doesn't fit as advertised. They had a selection specifically for the 13 Judge. And the bulb was the first thing I opened so nothing else is out of the packaging. I paid 90 with free shipping.
Fair enough...Victory HID's the way to go
I was outriding my stock light which is dangerous

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fair enough...Victory HID's the way to go
I was outriding my stock light which is dangerous
Yea so I've heard :p
Yea that's no good. I've installed HIDs in the 3 previous bikes I had so not having one sucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts