Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bit the bullet and finally installed my first upgrade. And wow what an upgrade it was.....

On my first 100+ mile ride (at night) I noticed that visibility was an absolute nightmare, and after having a near miss with a sizeable rock on the highway, I went to VictoryHID.com and purchased their HID setup for my BW. Very professional kit and I was highly impressed with the speed of shipping....

Installed in less than 30 mins and the difference in lighted view is absolutely astounding. If you dont have this upgrade I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll post a night first person view later

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
good!
Toying with the idea, but I hardly ride at night these days....
Daytime standout visibility is Excellent too!
Just gave a Harley rider mate a ride on my Vic and heard the thunder of my pipes for the first time as he roared off, returning 15 mins later the headlight stood out like the prverbial and was only overshadowed by the massive grin on his face!...another convert I reckon and this blokes old school die hard Harley man....loved the grunt and balance of the Vic and said its the most comfortable bike hes ever ridden he reckons.
From wherever your standing the Victory HID is the go!

·
Registered
100 Posts
good!
Toying with the idea, but I hardly ride at night these days....
I don't ride much at night either but during the day I ride with the high beams on. Even on a sunny day its pretty noticeable.

Also when installing verify the headlight is aimed properly. I discovered mine from the factory was aimed pretty high up. I had worked late one night and it was dark by the time I left, as I was riding I noticed all my headlight was doing was spot lighting tree branches. Just test the aim out on a flat surface and make sure your illuminating the ground in front of you and not the sky like I was.

·
Registered
48 Posts
...heard the thunder of my pipes for the first time as he roared off, ...
Yeah, we never hear our own bikes.

Not sure if daytime visibility is a big factor, some people are Morons, totally ignorant even when they look straight into your eyes they don't take notice.
Fortunately the good to outweight the bad! Fact!

Anyway, yeah, maybe ...
I used highbeam when lanesplitting on the 405 around LA, not so much here in Western Australia. In France they split wiith the harzard lights on - tried that too :)

Sorry - not hijacking the thread ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also when installing verify the headlight is aimed properly. I discovered mine from the factory was aimed pretty high up. I had worked late one night and it was dark by the time I left, as I was riding I noticed all my headlight was doing was spot lighting tree branches.

That was another reason for the light install. After a lot of riding at night i noticed that mine was quite literally 'pointed at the ground'. Adjusted mine according to Vic specs and man was my headlight waaaaaaaay off. I had heard that most dealers just go 'yea, thats straight' during assembly. And this one was no exception.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Definately agree, well worth the dollars. I still have to make some slight adjustments to my aim but it's nice - helps stand out during the daytime to.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Finally remembered to take a pic at night. These pics are with the low beam only.

This is in my drive so you can see how difinitive that horizontal beam is.

And this is facing the opposite way so you can get an idea of how far that thing lights up the world. Keep in mind, i set this to Victory's specs.

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Finally remembered to take a pic at night.

This is in my drive so you can see how difinitive that horizontal beam is.

And this is facing the opposite way so you can get an idea of how far that thing lights up the world. Keep in mind, i set this to Victory's specs.

That's on Low Beam I take it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sorry it didnt occur to me to say that in my previous post. But, yes these are with the low beams on. I went ahead and edited my post to reflect that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
These lights from VictoryHID were the first upgrade on my Hammer. I do a lot of EARLY morning riding to work. They literally light up the world on high beam.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Man after seeing those pictures, I need to do this. But first, new brake pads cause the stock ones suck!
Yeah well if you're riding at night with stock lights you'll need excellent brakes, as its so easy to outride what you can see, or can't see.

The low beam has a great spread and light and High beam adds more distance penetration as well, so with em both on as Vics do on high beam, they are fantastic.
Still can't see around corners though, I wonder if running lights angled a bit sideways would illuminate the dark area on corners when riding away from civilisation?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts