1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Hard to believe that can be bought for $41. For that price I'd give em a try. I notice they have a set for the H11s Victorys have. You go first and tell us about them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just did HIDs (high and low) in my XR. I bought from HidExtra because I've bought HIDs from them for many of my cars with good luck. The low stays on with the high on a Vic, so dual HIDs along with the lightbar is a lot of light! I make sure my lights are properly aimed so that i'm kind to oncoming drivers. Do your own research, but I always get 5000K.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just did HIDs (high and low) in my XR. I bought from HidExtra because I've bought HIDs from them for many of my cars with good luck. The low stays on with the high on a Vic, so dual HIDs along with the lightbar is a lot of light! I make sure my lights are properly aimed so that i'm kind to oncoming drivers. Do your own research, but I always get 5000K.
do they have the slim balasts?? I know that you need an H7 and an H11 bulb. Other weird thing is that Ness bikes for some reason only have the single bulb on high beam. I would like to figure out if you can get the stock relay or whatever is required to make them both come one in high beam.

·
Registered
186 Posts
do they have the slim balasts?? I know that you need an H7 and an H11 bulb. Other weird thing is that Ness bikes for some reason only have the single bulb on high beam. I would like to figure out if you can get the stock relay or whatever is required to make them both come one in high beam.
Both bulbs are H11. Yes, I used slim ballasts and it was still tight since all of my J&M CB stuff is in the headlight bucket.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Both bulbs are H11. Yes, I used slim ballasts and it was still tight since all of my J&M CB stuff is in the headlight bucket.
Can you point us in the right direction for the right kit for the Cross bikes? HIDExtra's site only shows kits for cars, and nothing for motorcycles.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Can you point us in the right direction for the right kit for the Cross bikes? HIDExtra's site only shows kits for cars, and nothing for motorcycles.
You simply order an H11 kit for a car. It'll have 2 bulbs and ballasts. Choose the $15 upgrade to a slim ballast. I don't think the Xmas sale is still on (I paid $55, shipped, with the slims) There are other cheaper kits out there that may or may not be as good, but I've so far had good products and service from HidExtra.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
You simply order an H11 kit for a car. It'll have 2 bulbs and ballasts. Choose the $15 upgrade to a slim ballast. I don't think the Xmas sale is still on (I paid $55, shipped, with the slims) There are other cheaper kits out there that may or may not be as good, but I've so far had good products and service from HidExtra.
Thank you! At $55, and based on your experience with them, I'm ready to dip my toes in and at least give it a try. I'm all for more visibility. Thanks again!

Was the $10 warning canceling add-on needed? How about the $10 relay wire they also have as an option? Please advise.

Halogens are too hot and use too much power for my taste. LED's are awesome, but too expensive for my pocket, at least at this time. That leaves the Xenon HID as my most likely upgrade as they are cheaper than LED, brighter than Halogen, and just a good value for my budget and needs.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thank you! At $55, and based on your experience with them, I'm ready to dip my toes in and at least give it a try. I'm all for more visibility. Thanks again!

Was the $10 warning canceling add-on needed? How about the $10 relay wire they also have as an option? Please advise.

Halogens are too hot and use too much power for my taste. LED's are awesome, but too expensive for my pocket, at least at this time. That leaves the Xenon HID as my most likely upgrade as they are cheaper than LED, brighter than Halogen, and just a good value for my budget and needs.
Neither of those options were needed on mine.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
HidExtra's XMass sale is gone. They're $59.99 now, plus $15.00 to get slim ballasts brings it up to $79.99. :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts