Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of changing up my Pin this winter, wanting to keep it different than the others here in town. So, I'm thinking of putting the High Ball Apes on my Kingpin. Has anyone done this? I've talked to my service tech, he seems to think it can be done, just wonered what you all thought????

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've been thinking of changing up my Pin this winter, wanting to keep it different than the others here in town. So, I'm thinking of putting the High Ball Apes on my Kingpin. Has anyone done this? I've talked to my service tech, he seems to think it can be done, just wonered what you all thought????
I want them on my Hammer, but they don't come in chrome. I like the HB bars...I think they are the perfect height. I don't want anything too ridiculous. I know you can get the bars and all the extended cables in black for around $400. Do it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I think it's a done deal, just put her to bed for the wiinter, so, I'm gonna order the bars and get 'er done!:D

·
Registered
442 Posts
doable as long as you extend the cables as indicated. BUT, I looked into this myself and the HB bars are going for $800 right now!! I heard (but cannot corroborate) that the HB bars are in high demand and vic may come out with ape bars as an accessory. if that's the case i'd expect them to be less. but again, this is hearsay so i dont have full confidence in this story.

·
Registered
146 Posts
subscribed...let me know how it goes...thinking the same on my hammer...which like yours, has the same triple clamps, inverted forks and memphis batwing......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, since I sell Victory's for a living, I'll get a discount on the parts....So I look to have @ $650 in the bars/cables/clips/risers, etc...I've got them ordered, just have to find the time to put it all together once it all gets here! I'll post pics once it's done. Prob won't be until January, when things slow down here a little.:D

·
Registered
442 Posts
that's a nice advantage :)

are you going to go with the high or low mount position?

·
Registered
774 Posts
doable as long as you extend the cables as indicated. BUT, I looked into this myself and the HB bars are going for $800 right now!! I heard (but cannot corroborate) that the HB bars are in high demand and vic may come out with ape bars as an accessory. if that's the case i'd expect them to be less. but again, this is hearsay so i dont have full confidence in this story.
Hey ash, I'll sell ya mine for 800. To many aftermarket kool bars for less than half of that.
Why do the big companies take advantage of the little guy so much.
Friend had a custom set made for 250.thumb up

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey ash, I'll sell ya mine for 800. To many aftermarket kool bars for less than half of that.
Why do the big companies take advantage of the little guy so much.
Friend had a custom set made for 250.thumb up
i'm getting a custom setup made too :)

i'm designing it in cad and then sending it to the builder, so i know exactly what i'm getting. will be fun.

·
Registered
81 Posts
pics

Looking forward to pics. I like my Ness drag bars but would consider something higher if it looks good. So go ahead and test it out for me at your expense of course. Good luck, it'll look good.

·
Registered
120 Posts
these are the ones I just built (finished now) got to find a chromer!

securedownload.jpg

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nice!!! Great work man. Looks like you havent yet added the controls mount portion (thinner diameter tubing)?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts