Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an experienced welder/fabricator that is going to make some one-off drag pipes for cheaper than I can find them anywhere else. I have a couple questions about the exhaust.

First off, he mentioned something about scavenging the flanges from my set of OEM pipes but I am kind of hesitant about this because I try not to ruin the original stuff in case I want to go back. Is there anywhere I could find the flanges for the 106 without paying $175 for the entire exhaust system?

The next thing is that I want them LOUD (I know it's not everybody's thing but it's what I want). I was thinking of going straight or with some kind of high-flow baffles. If I do this what would be my best choice in electronics for mapping?

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the Lloyd's vfc on mine which is very easy to tune and I am happy with the results. Also, the nice thing is it makes for easy adjustment if you do further changes down the road, like intake or torque tubes.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm assuming you're not planning on fitting these pipes with bungs for a closed loop system. Therefore, your only choices for fuel mapping will be things like the VFC or Power Commander (but no Autotune). Given the one off nature of the pipes and the unknowns about the backpressure, it might be a good idea to have it dyno tuned once you add the fuel manager to make sure your fuel mixture is good.

As far as flanges, I would think any salvage 106 pipes would work. With as many people as have changed pipes I have to believe you could pick up some OEM's fairly cheap.

·
13,251 Posts
I have an experienced welder/fabricator that is going to make some one-off drag pipes for cheaper than I can find them anywhere else. I have a couple questions about the exhaust.

First off, he mentioned something about scavenging the flanges from my set of OEM pipes but I am kind of hesitant about this because I try not to ruin the original stuff in case I want to go back. Is there anywhere I could find the flanges for the 106 without paying $175 for the entire exhaust system?

The next thing is that I want them LOUD (I know it's not everybody's thing but it's what I want). I was thinking of going straight or with some kind of high-flow baffles. If I do this what would be my best choice in electronics for mapping?

Thanks
Go to craigslist and look for a vic that has custom exhaust on it maybe you could buy there old ones for a good price.
Looking a head plan on doing baffles cause the bike will run like crap with out them.
I know you want LOUD here where I am you can get a 500 dollar ticket if caught.

If your going to do your owen exhaust do some research and look into step exhaust. Great for performance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts