Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i need some help. I have a 2015 xc 8ball thats idling high. it goes up to 2,500 RPM and holds for a few seconds, then drops back down to 1,000 RPM. No issues while riding, just when its at idle.
The battery took a crap on me last week and thats when it all started. i replaced the battery and made sure the cables were clean and tight.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I don't think it's a issue, my 2011 XC has always done that. If I remember correctly they are suppose to.

·
13,235 Posts
check battery bolts with 10 mm wrench. Your hand will lie to you

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey everyone i need some help. I have a 2015 xc 8ball thats idling high. it goes up to 2,500 RPM and holds for a few seconds, then drops back down to 1,000 RPM. No issues while riding, just when its at idle.
The battery took a crap on me last week and thats when it all started. i replaced the battery and made sure the cables were clean and tight.
Where are/were you riding? Altitude affects them. Mine does the same thing whenever we ride into the mountains, going from 6000 to 9000 feet causes mine to do the same, shut it down for a few minutes and restart and it goes away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts