Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings from the UK, looking to start next project build and Im a bit stuck, here in the UK theres only 1 Vision thats within my build budget, 111k miles, tatty, noisy starter, noisy 6th gear.
still going to hurt my wallet to the tune of about 5000usd LOL

now the starter Im not so fussed about, the mileage is an issue, here in the UK bikes with 30 or 40k miles are considered high mileage, and I have to accept that if I buy this then its highly likely I will never ever be able to sell it on

noisy/whine 6th gear, is this a known problem stateside?

Im very nervous about it as Im thinking that when tearing it down god only knows what other bits I will find worn and then decide to replace, but Victories and especially Visions are not only rare but very expensive here.

6th gear noise/whine? any known issues with that?

its come in from the USA so I would assume its been touring

·
Registered
924 Posts
Early Visions were known to have transmission issues. Both of my friends with first and second year visions transmissions went out within 50K miles.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks, doesnt really fill me with confidence, especially as theres zero chance of getting a spare engine if that does blow

guess thats the end of my Victory custom building, unless I cut up the one I have LOL

·
13,311 Posts
Don't buy it look for something ells

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly that's not an option.
5000usd roughly... that buys a tatty tired mega mile unregistered vision here in uk.

If I wanted a tidy running one then it's more like 8500usd upwards.

Rarely come up for sale here.

As I'm planning on some big mods to it. I dont want to and cant afford to spend a fortune on the donor

A bare 106 motor with damaged engine mount will cost 1500usd here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts