Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
boy, i just can't decide what to do. now i'm looking at a used 2010 cross country with 30,000 miles. that seams high. everything else i've looked at has less than half that. anything i should be worried about? what about routine maintenance for that high of mileage?

adam

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
30,000 isn't high mileage it just seems like it because people for the most part put so few miles on their bikes. If it's clean and runs/sounds good go for it.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
im at 25,000 on my 12xc, 30,000 isnt anything, just shows the owner actually rides it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
784 Posts
Four year old model bike with 30K, and you call it high mileage? Less than 8K a year?

If you want a garage queen hold out for it, just don't gripe because of the issues that arise from one setting up too much.

If it is in good condition, go for it. Sold an 08 Wing in 12 with 130K, guy was tickled to death and didn't even haggle the price. I know a Vic isn't a Wing, but riding them doesn't seem to hurt them, and you aren't looking at a cam guide build in 10-15K either like some bikes.

If you don't get a good feeling, by all means pass.

Cheers

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there anything about the 2010's that i want to avoid? i read that they have a shorter oil change interval. is that about it?

·
Registered
426 Posts
subd

wac its too late for me to worry about it anyway, but i just wanna see if i have anything to look forward to.cheers

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have a 2012 xr and just went over 40000 miles today

·
Premium Member
8,789 Posts
30,000 isn't high mileage it just seems like it because people for the most part put so few miles on their bikes. If it's clean and runs/sounds good go for it.
Agrees..just shows its been ridden, not garaged, sat on, dreamed over, fantasised about.....well maybe it has...but it's been well ridden too.
Has the bike got a good service record?...it can be plugged it the Vic computer and tell you it's history you know?
30,000 miles..well its run in and waiting for you to add another zero and turn it into 300,000 over the next ten years or so.
Enjoy:)

as for the early oil change interval,
I'm led to believe that was more about some riders difficulty selecting neutral whilst stationary, I change my 2010 around the 5000 mile mark myself, and its no more difficult to get neutral stationary than any other bike I've ridden, probably a lot easier actually.

·
Registered
131 Posts
boy, i just can't decide what to do. now i'm looking at a used 2010 cross country with 30,000 miles. that seams high. everything else i've looked at has less than half that. anything i should be worried about? what about routine maintenance for that high of mileage?

adam
I agree with the masses, 30k not high. But then again, what is the asking price as compared to best deal on new?

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
I agree with the masses, 30k not high. But then again, what is the asking price as compared to best deal on new?
Deals to be had.

as for the early oil change interval,
I'm led to believe that was more about some riders difficulty selecting neutral whilst stationary, I change my 2010 around the 5000 mile mark myself, and its no more difficult to get neutral stationary than any other bike I've ridden, probably a lot easier actually.
I change my 04 every 5000 and it shifts butter smooth at 1 mile as it does at 5000 absolutely no difference.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Got almost half of that mileage on mine, had it for 9 months

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Think you got the idea now 30K is not high mileage for a Victory.. Got Close to 33K on my 2012 XC and had it a little over a Year and a Half ..

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I have an '05 kingpin with 58,000 miles on it, and an '11 XR with 33,000 miles on it. I change the oil at 5,000 mile intervals on both. Both run great.
There are quite a few Victory's out there with well over 100,000 miles on them. These machines are we'll made.
There is a '04 Kingpin for sale in our local craigslist with over 156,000 miles on it, and it has never had any major issues. It belonged to a woman who bought it new and rode it and had it maintained consistently. She passed a year or so ago, and was a member on another Victory forum.
So, although high miles often are a stigma for motorcycles, I believe it is unfounded in my opinion. I rode my XR 850 miles on Saturday, and 580 miles yesterday, and it performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have 46,000 on my 2010 XR - only thing replaced was the battery. Change the oil 4 - 5000 miles depending on winter/summer. I plan to keep it for at least 100,000 miles. well, when I saw pics of the new Indians, I thought I might make a change to the chieftain. but after test driving one - my Vic is here to stay. I like the XR more, by far.
cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts