Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Highball and will be upgrading the exhaust soon. I was planning on just going with an upgrade to a K&Mn filter for the intake. I have read good things about the S&S air intake and Lloydz torque tubes but am wondering if I need this type?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I had the S&S on my Hammer , Very nice power adder , and looked sweet too . That is the route I would go .

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
I was planning on just going with an upgrade to a K&N filter for the intake. I have read good things about the S&S air intake and Lloydz torque tubes but am wondering if I need this type?
You don't need to do anything, the question is what do you want from the bike? If all you want is a washable filter, get the Vic/K&N filter and be happy. If you want to make power, get a real airbox. If you want the best airbox, torque tubes is it.

If you deviate away from the stock airbox you will need a fuel controller to tune it with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don't need to do anything, the question is what do you want from the bike? If all you want is a washable filter, get the Vic/K&N filter and be happy. If you want to make power, get a real airbox. If you want the best airbox, torque tubes is it.

If you deviate away from the stock airbox you will need a fuel controller to tune it with.
I want to do as good as I can afford. I will be adding the PCV with the auto tuner as soon as the exhaust is installed.

I am considering Lloyd'z air box or the S&S Air Cleaner Kit, they are both in the same price Range.

Im not sure if one is better than the other.

Theese are all the upgrades I intend to do for a while.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
I want to do as good as I can afford. I will be adding the PCV with the auto tuner as soon as the exhaust is installed.

I am considering Lloyd'z air box or the S&S Air Cleaner Kit, they are both in the same price Range.

Im not sure if one is better than the other.

Theese are all the upgrades I intend to do for a while.
Sounds good to me, might as throw in a timing wheel as well to wake it up down low.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in Northern California, Bay Area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Definitely go S&S

I have the same S&S you talk about. What you need to think about is the required download to use it. It is a one time download that over-rides Digital Wrench as far as the intake is concerned. It does not affect anything else, just makes the new, larger open air element set up work as it should. Highly recommended! I have found that, since the air enters under the fuel tank, it runs best in cool morning or evening air. Not that it runs worse on hot days, only saying that you will notice this affect.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have the same S&S you talk about. What you need to think about is the required download to use it. It is a one time download that over-rides Digital Wrench as far as the intake is concerned. It does not affect anything else, just makes the new, larger open air element set up work as it should. Highly recommended! I have found that, since the air enters under the fuel tank, it runs best in cool morning or evening air. Not that it runs worse on hot days, only saying that you will notice this affect.
He doesn't need the S&S download if he's getting a PCV.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
The TT intake is more costly, but makes much better bottom, mid range power
much better over stock but heres a comparison with the Ness Ram filter in RED, compared to the TTI in Green, not a great deal but worth it to me for ease of maintenance, look, sound, and Torque increase though minimal can be felt, also red was done in cooler winter month and the green in summer air.
Im led to believe the S&S and LLOYDZ filters both outperform the Ness too so real increase is marginal...but worth it.
TTI not as costly for a USA resident giver lousy Aussie dollar exchange and freight.
My advice is TTI and with a PCV, pipes, timing wheel, and a dynotune youll be blown away by the feel of it over stock.
Also your 106's extra six cubes will translate to better Power figures than my 100 cube Vegas

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts