Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Highball ape bars on their Cross Country, part no. 1018696-626? The catalog indicates it would fit a Cross Roads, Hardball but not the Cross Country. I love the look and looking for a bit more pullback than stock.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
they probably wont fit because there needs to be a setback to clear the fairing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
they probably wont fit because there needs to be a setback to clear the fairing.
Yes, they have to have a bend in the front to follow the fairing opening, which the High Ball / Hard Ball apes do not.

You might want to look at the Arlen Ness Modular Apes. Cost a little more, but will give you almost the same look with added comfort. I do have the high ball / hard ball apes on my XR, and love them. But on long rides the otter part of my wrist starts to hurt. Wish I would've gone with the modular apes as I could have adjusted the angle of the grips.

modularapes-arlenness.jpg

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I highly recommend the HMD Gorilla Bagger Bars. They have the turn out that prevents your wrists from the fatigue CrossRoads mentions, plus they're available in chrome and black and less than $300.00 with no cable extensions necessary.

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
HMD also has some new ones that look like the Gorilla bars but they are shorter. Eight inches high with a 12" pullback if I remember right. These are all about the look because they put your hands right about where the stock bars do.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Muchas gracias

Will look into the HMD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts