Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed but everything seems to be a year old or more.

I have ordered the Highball handlebar kit for my 2012 Vegas 8 Ball and I was wondering if I was going to end up having to extend my wiring as part of the install. I'm comfortable with doing it if I need to. I'm just trying to be fully prepared for the job.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the install in about three hours and I was taking my time. The kit came with all of the cables but the factory wiring was long enough so no soldering was needed. I am going to go ahead and ad some length to the wiring this winter to allow me to clean up the appearance. For some reason I can't upload pictures but I am happy with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No need to extend wiring unless you're going to run them inside the bars for that ultra clean look. Took a buddy and me about 2.5 hours and 4 beers. We followed every step and re-read everything a few times before actually turning a wrench. Now I could probably do it solo in under an hour, it really is easy. Take your time, read the directions and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did the install in about three hours and I was taking my time. The kit came with all of the cables but the factory wiring was long enough so no soldering was needed. I am going to go ahead and ad some length to the wiring this winter to allow me to clean up the appearance. For some reason I can't upload pictures but I am happy with it.
Where did you order the Highball bar kit from? Looking to do the same thing. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
Where did you order the Highball bar kit from? Looking to do the same thing. Thanks.
Accessories are no longer being made for Victory to sell so you have to look in the "For Sale" sections of ebay, Facebook, here, and the VOG as well as craigslist locally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts