Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I washed my bike started it up to let the exhaust wrap dry out and while I was in the basement something happend and it tipped over, didn't to to much damage luckily but now since then I'm blowing my horn fuse witch runs the turn signals horn and brake light running light and the fuel level sensor. The bike fell to the clutch side so I pulled the control panel off on that side and everything is still soldered nice and tight. Also pulled my headlight apart an everything seems to b fine there pulled the seat off and still did not c anything. I have no idea where else to look the bike only pops the fuse when I hit a bump then my fuel light comes on. Any help would b greatly appreciated thank u!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't know anything about the new bikes but on the old v92's there was a fuel lever sensor attached to the bottom of the tank that the wires would break on. maybe the newer bikes have the same thing and one of the wires attached to that sensor maybe shorting out? I would start with pulling the tank and looking there. Just be careful when pulling the tank.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'm gna pull my tank this week while I'm off that's is the only thing I can think of, it's rly frustrating

·
Registered
104 Posts
Someone mentioned to me that the newer models have a problem with the battery terminals coming loose. I haven't had to open up my bike for any reason yet nor have a found a Manual so I dont know much about the vics yet., but usually these problems are do to a short or loose connector. On my old bike it use to be where the wires bent by the neck /trees. If it only happens when you hit a bump and the fuel light comes on..

I check the connections on the

-Bulb in the headlight (which it sounds like you already did)
-Fuel pump (Notice any difference in the priming sound when you turn the kill switch to on?)
- Tail light
- Turn Signals
- Flasher/ACM unit.

Of course these are just guesses. I don't have much experience with Vics at this point. Hope you find it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The other day I pulled my tank and checked my battery the terminals were loose and that was the only thing that seemed wrong. I took it for a small ride and seems fine but didnt get to go far due to the crazy rain we been getting but it still blows my mind that the little bit that was loose wound cause this

·
13,177 Posts
I don't think a loose battery connection would cause you to trip a fuzz to me it sounds like you might have a pinched wire and its a power wire that touches metal and blows the fuzz.
If you have done anything to your bike other then the exhaust go back to what you did and look for a wire that could touch metal when you hit a bump. Like maybe under the rear fender or under the seat.
Remember this for ever. If the bike or car ran fine and now something doesn't work go back to what you did last and check every thing over.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it started happening wen I dropped my bike. I just rode to work and it happened again. I am completely lost so far I pulled my tank and all my switches apart. I'm thinkin about disconnecting my turn signals to c wat happens

·
13,177 Posts
witch side of the turn signals blows the fuzz.
You have to have a bear power wire that is touching metal or its touching a bear ground wire.
Look close at the handlebar switch housing or where the wire come out of the switch housing.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Just guessin.
,maybe the fuel sender was damaged in the fall. Stuck or bent.
How much fuel was in it when it went over?cheers

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last night on break at work I noticed my o2 sensor wire where it connects under the bike wasn't to tight so I put another zip tie on it ( thinkin this because the day b4 it fell I was working on the exhaust) I also disconnected my front signals and rode home this morn with no problems gna ride back to work tonight with the same set up and see wat happens then reconnect one signal at a time. I did inspect all the wires but I'm thinking maybe a loose connection inside that is causing it. Either way I think I finally narrowed it down thanks for all the help il keep yas updated

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Happened again :( looks like I'm pulling all the working apart on my days off :(

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Talked to Kevinx and he told me to disconnect the horn witch is the only thing I didn't try and it worked did 350 miles today with no problems :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So after over 1000 miles with no problems it started again yesterday now I can't even turn my bike on with out the fuse blowing out :(

·
Administrator
5,976 Posts
So after over 1000 miles with no problems it started again yesterday now I can't even turn my bike on with out the fuse blowing out :(...
Is the horn still disconnected?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was just reconnected it last night to c wat would happen and blew it as soon as I turned the key

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is the kill switch on or off when you turn on the ignition and the fuse blows?

·
Administrator
5,976 Posts
Was just reconnected it last night to c wat would happen and blew it as soon as I turned the key
Alright, your horn circuit has a short somewhere. Once you find and fix the short, you can connect it back. Until then, it will blow the fuses. Check your horn wires, or rewire your horn from scratch. Also check if the positive (+) horn terminal touches the bike frame - upon dropping the bike, that might have shifted where it does touch, thus creating a short.

If you feel like blowing one more fuse, try doing it at night. You might see a spark at the location where your short takes place, but you have to watch for it as you turn the key.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I rode to work last night and put a new fuse in when it was dark and of course it didn't pop instantly like its been. Got home this morn and took the seat off and took the headlight apart and wiggled every wire I could get my hands on and nothing!!! Think tomorrow I'm gna cut the horn wires by the fuse block and cappin them off to c wat happens

·
13,177 Posts
Do you have a meter or test light.
Continuity test can help a lot.
Go to the net a search for hot to find short in wiring if you don't know how.
Poking at wires will take a long time to find whats wrong. Did you pull switch house and looked for pinched wire

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pulled everything that I know is running on that fuse. Disconnected it ran til it blew again and ruled that out. Finally pulled the horn and went over 1000 miles with no problems now all of a sudden it's happening again

1 - 20 of 22 Posts