Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 2013 Highball and just dont like the look of the headlight for that style bike. I have seen where other members have swapped the HB headlight for a older Vegas round headlight. And read where Vegas owners want the newer HB headlight. So, anyone with an older Vegas want to trade headlights str8 up?

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Kingpin. Northwestern pa, damn ne pa would've been ideal. We could just meet to swap

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be interested in a swap if you are. Do you know if it is the same light as the Vegas and will bolt right up?

·
Registered
931 Posts
It should bolt up, but I would rather do a swap in person. That way we 1 be sure they fit,2 shipping sucks lol. But your to far away I'm near NYC

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The older round doesn't bolt up... You need some parts from Ma Vic. I believe it is just some spacers though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
light

it does bolt right on i have one from an older vegas on my high ball and it is all plug and play, that being said it does require some work to squeeze all the connectors in the smaller bucket.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Really? Shows you how much some dealers know... I asked 2 different shops here in Alberta and they both told me it needed additional parts.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Would like to know about this older vegas light
Yes, all Vegas headlights (2003-2014) are HID compatible.

Basically all Victory models except:
· 99-2004 SC, CC, TC;
· 2013-2014 Judge;
· 2014 Jackpot;
· 2014 High Ball;
· 2015 Gunner.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Really? Shows you how much some dealers know... I asked 2 different shops here in Alberta and they both told me it needed additional parts.
In dealing with the all the customizing I have been doing lately I have found that most "dealer-parts-counter-guys" dont know anymore than the HD parts counters guys did either. Its a job... they just look up a number on a pc and walk back to the stock room and pull it out for you.... that is all that is required of them and all they do. Nothing against dealer parts guys, but MOST (not all) of them dont know chit!

One thing that VIC is very good about is most dealers have the OEM exploded views of all assemblies on their websites, go look at the parts list and you'll see right there HOW and with WHAT is required to put it together.

I use Don Wood for everything like that:

http://www.donwoodvictory.com/fiche_select.asp

·
Registered
220 Posts
Can that light accept the HID setup
The older round headlight does accept the victoryhid.com HID kit, I am not sure about the factory one, as that is an entirely new surround and all.

On a side note, it is possible to put HID High beam and Low Beam (with ballasts) into that tiny bucket, but make sure you are patient haha...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts