Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me, the Highball is all about attitude. When I see pics of people riding the Highball many have open face retro helmets. I haven't seen anyone ride without some form of helmet.

So, how about a poll?
And if if you have a minute post a pic of your helmet of choice.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
no Highball so I'll abstain from voting , but on my Vegas I wear my trusty flat black XRH (X-Rated Helmets) Open Face.
Only time I wore a full face was on my GPZ900R on fast outback trips as open face and sunnies get fairly useless over 120mph, and definitly not good at 150.
Currently using WW1 Aviator goggles in conjunction with my open face, particularly at night, they are fantastic:)

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Beanie for me... I tried the retro open face and at high speed it felt like it was going to rip my head right off my neck!

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I alternate between a full-face and a half on commuting days. That's FF in the am and half in the pm, on the way home. When I'm out with a group and riding two-up, we wear the 3/4 brain buckets.

I agree with the OP, on a HB or similar scoot, it's about attitude. I've tried the full-face full time on my XCT but, I just doesn't work for me all the time. Sometimes riding solo, I'll go with the 3/4 but primally it's one of the half's I own. Simply a personal preference, nothing more. cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
no Highball so I'll abstain from voting , but on my Vegas I wear my trusty flat black XRH (X-Rated Helmets) Open Face.
Thats what I use thumb up

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Thats what I use thumb up
Good One mate, X-Rated Helmets is not far from my place and just down the road from Burleigh Bars.
Nice and handy, year before last when the cops were really hassling bikers up here I got harrased on a poker run, booked and defected for oil leaks on my '73 TX650 Yam, and told my helmet was out of date!
Bought a new helmet and sold the old ratbike Yammy and my GPZ900R and threw in a bit more cash and bought my Vegas.
So in a way they did me a favour....after a lifetime of rat XS650's,
Honda 750/4's, CB900F2's,...I figured I deserved to be riding the very best!....so I went and bought my Victory Vegas!!!:D

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Beanie for me... I tried the retro open face and at high speed it felt like it was going to rip my head right off my neck!
So you dont need to wear a hemlet in Ontario (?) Travis?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Kris, I am in Alberta and yes you do have to wear a helmet by law. The helmet I wear is completely illegal... ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1425416611.192446.jpg
I wear the flat black one... Now that I have a fairing I will probably throw my legal beanie on just because.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a few different lids as well.
I don't wear the brown one much anymore but it is my favorite.
Mostly I wear the half that's striped to match. Only wear the full if there could be fowl weather/cold.

·
Registered
58 Posts
bell 500 style helmets

I would liek to find a bell 500 style helmet... but they seem to be very round shaped and never fit my oval (longer) head well.... anyone have suggestions from thier experience?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here in the UK you need a full face because of our weather!
I tried an open face helmet and got hit in the face - 1 right on the lip:( - by flies, it then got cold later in the day so I was freezing - then it rained and pebble dashed my face!
I'm sticking with my top of the range Arai RX7GP from my sportsbike days....

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here in the UK you need a full face because of our weather!
I tried an open face helmet and got hit in the face - 1 right on the lip:( - by flies, it then got cold later in the day so I was freezing - then it rained and pebble dashed my face!
I'm sticking with my top of the range Arai RX7GP from my sportsbike days....
I hadn't thought of a Monster Helmet with. Highball, but it makes sense!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
do you like that helmet? does it pull your head back on a highway?
Depends on how fast I ride. You are riding on a bike with your fists in the air without a wind shield. Anything is going to pull if you go fast enough. I don't ride with it on the freeway because even a pebble hitting your face at 80 mph is no fun.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts