Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just perusing the CycleTrader, and for grins I ran a search for the Victory HighBall,
To my surprise there were only a couple around ten grand regardless of year. The most for a highball was 17 grand but it was a fully custom show bike. Most were between 14 and twelve grand. It seems to me that this bike is holding its value pretty well.
It doesn't matter much to me because I bought the bike to ride it not to sell it but what do you think?

Does it seem these bikes are holding thier value better than the other models? What about other brands?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Not in Alberta.... The market is flooded with them. You can buy a one year old Highball here for $12,000 CAD or $9000 USD. I found 2 with less than 4000km for that price...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what they are listed for, but are they selling for that price
I imagine most are. Most people don't haggle much on bikes with the dealers. They have a pretty narrow margin so they don't move much. If anything, they may give you a break on accessories.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Resale is ALWAYS going to be a supply and demand equation. Don't EVER expect to find ANY mass produced product commanding a premium unless there are very few of them.

Now, if this was a anniversary bike or a Ness or any of the other "limited edition" bikes where only a few hundred were made then the odds would be MUCH better for them to have retained their value but when there are literally THOUSANDS sold a year over multiple years...welll wac

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not in Alberta.... The market is flooded with them. You can buy a one year old Highball here for $12,000 CAD or $9000 USD. I found 2 with less than 4000km for that price...
Interesting, is that an Alberta thing? They are rare here in SoCal.
A dealer may have one but the mega store nearest to me doesn't . In fact he has a XCT for 23,000, a jackpot for 20,000, and a couple Vegas at 17,000 each. But that's it.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Interesting, is that an Alberta thing? They are rare here in SoCal.
A dealer may have one but the mega store nearest to me doesn't . In fact he has a XCT for 23,000, a jackpot for 20,000, and a couple Vegas at 17,000 each. But that's it.
My dealer was selling new XCT bikes for $19k. That's the price they said from the start. You didn't even have to haggle for that price. Not old ones either...2014 CCT was $19k in the middle of last year. At your dealer's prices, he has lots of wiggle room.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Canadian 2013 High ball pricing

I just picked up a Victory High Ball 2013 with 2342 km and 15 months remaining on the warranty . It came with a new set of soft bags (Talisman Motorcycle Luggage) and the lockable victory bag mounts , the victory passenger seat and passenger pegs and but not least a set of Bassani pro street pipes and the original factory one's for $10,500 CDN = $8384 USD . I am happy with the price I paid :) cheers

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bujee... That's ridiculous money for used bikes. We should start importing them down to So Cal...
Those were new bikes. But I agree we should import bikes from Canada. Perhaps bikes are cheaper in Canada because insurance is so expensive?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My dealer was selling new XCT bikes for $19k. That's the price they said from the start. You didn't even have to haggle for that price. Not old ones either...2014 CCT was $19k in the middle of last year. At your dealer's prices, he has lots of wiggle room.
My brother was shopping for his XCT. Told the dealer he could buy the same bike from another dealer for 3,000 less 50 miles away.
You know what the salesman said?
You should buy from us because we have better service and a larger selection of accesories. (That was salesman speak for enjoy your drive.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
resale value

Those were new bikes. But I agree we should import bikes from Canada. Perhaps bikes are cheaper in Canada because insurance is so expensive?
Though I under stand all new imports from the USA are going up in value as the dealers purchase the bike's in USD and our dollar is really low . As for the used market here there are deals to be found but you do still have to do your research .

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The deals are plenty when your trading 1 USD and receiving 1.25 CAD.... Our new bike prices will skyrocket on 16 models. The used market pricing will be driven up by wholesalers exporting to the U.S. and people not wanting to spend the big dough on new.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Though I under stand all new imports from the USA are going up in value as the dealers purchase the bike's in USD and our dollar is really low . As for the used market here there are deals to be found but you do still have to do your research .
I agree. To get a deal you have do research. I did for both my Victorys and my Suzuki. Not so much on my Yamaha. All the chrome blinded me and fueled with a pocket full of cash and the go ahead from my wife, I probably paid too much.
Live and learn. I buy bikes to ride, not necessarily to make money off them. There are other more lucrative ways to make money.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would like to think I got a good deal on my 2013 Highball. It was certainly the best deal I could find for a highball considering the options it came with. It had higher mileage for a 1 year old bike, but that tells me it's been run properly, and mainly highway. Engine had lots of power and hasn't skipped a beat in the 1500 kilometers I've put on it so far. As for holding its value, I think they will simply because it's a unique factory bike. The badassery is standard equipment. For me I wanted a bare balls (ish) factory bike. I got that and more with the highball.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I would like to think I got a good deal on my 2013 Highball. It was certainly the best deal I could find for a highball considering the options it came with. It had higher mileage for a 1 year old bike, but that tells me it's been run properly, and mainly highway. Engine had lots of power and hasn't skipped a beat in the 1500 kilometers I've put on it so far. As for holding its value, I think they will simply because it's a unique factory bike. The badassery is standard equipment. For me I wanted a bare balls (ish) factory bike. I got that and more with the highball.
The bottom line is if you're happy with what you paid, regardless of the price, then you got a good deal. An item is worth what you're willing to pay for it and being happy with a deal is what makes it a good one IMO.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
The bottom line is if you're happy with what you paid, regardless of the price, then you got a good deal. An item is worth what you're willing to pay for it and being happy with a deal is what makes it a good one IMO.
Exactly Right!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Highball is an amazing bike. What makes it amazing is that it is enough. It's not the fastest bike, but it's fast enough. It doesn't have the tallest ape handlebars but they are high enough. It isn't the most badass bike out there but it is badass enough.
Victory got it right with this bike mostly built from the parts bin.
I think that is why these dealers are ok with asking so much for these bikes consistently.

But maybe that's just me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts