Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

After shopping around for lot of scooters (had a Sportster for the past year), I got on a Judge and fell in love with the feel, Victory styling - just the bikes in general.

So last week I bought a 2012 Highball from a guy in Illinois, flew up there, and rode the bike back to Colorado. 1100 miles later, I fear that the Judge is really the bike I want - so I'm considering selling the Highball. It's gonna break my heart to do it - I think the HB is one of the best looking bikes ever, but the fit is not quite right for me.

Anyway, haven't made up my mind yet and in any case I plan on continuing on a Vic one way or another.

Glad to be a member of the community...

JD (NT)

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Hi everyone,

After shopping around for lot of scooters (had a Sportster for the past year), I got on a Judge and fell in love with the feel, Victory styling - just the bikes in general.

So last week I bought a 2012 Highball from a guy in Illinois, flew up there, and rode the bike back to Colorado. 1100 miles later, I fear that the Judge is really the bike I want - so I'm considering selling the Highball. It's gonna break my heart to do it - I think the HB is one of the best looking bikes ever, but the fit is not quite right for me.

Anyway, haven't made up my mind yet and in any case I plan on continuing on a Vic one way or another.

Glad to be a member of the community...

JD (NT)
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first Vic. cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about just changing the bars. From apes to drag bars. Something like the Ness fly bars.
I know for sure I wouldn't like the drag bars, but I'm trying to find a picture of some regular pull backs on a Highball. Might take away some of the bike's charisma - not sure...

It will cost me dearly for the change, though, and I'm thinking from a practical standpoint it might be best just to swap bikes.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
I know for sure I wouldn't like the drag bars, but I'm trying to find a picture of some regular pull backs on a Highball. Might take away some of the bike's charisma - not sure...

It will cost me dearly for the change, though, and I'm thinking from a practical standpoint it might be best just to swap bikes.
I have not seen a High Ball without the mini apes yet, but have seen a Hard Ball. Hope this helps:
417906_662358447123854_179525924_n.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a pic of a HB with the stock bars in the lowered position.....
Jayson - funny, doesn't look bad. I found a pic of a guy who had actually swapped for Judge bars and it looked ok, too.

I'm getting a little more used to the apes - I did swing them back about 2 inches. Jury's still out. I've heard that there are rubber handlebar mounts that might soak up some of the resonance from the long bars, too. Might look into that as my bike has quite a rumble with the Freedom exhaust.

Thanks for posting the pic...
JD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts