Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my new Highball in June. Love the bike but has a really bad bearing noise coming from the rear. Only 1000 miles on it due to the fact that it has been tied up at the dealer for the most part since I bought it. I work in the automotive field so I personally know that machines break. Just disappointed in the lack of customer care not only from the dealer but also from Polaris. Two big thumbs down. At the dealer for the fourth time since I purchased it. Hoping they can get it right this time. I have had one other victory dealership look at it as well and the claimed that they couldn't hear anything. Seams like no one wants to help.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
My 13 HB makes some noise back there as well... I say ride the wheels off it and sort it out later. Why waste all your time dicking around with service department geeks at a bike dealership?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess I haven't looked at it that way. I'm embarrassed to ride it, it's that loud. I live in the GR/ holland area. It's been to village and smokin joes with no luck yet. I dropped it off at village again today. Fingers crossed that they get it right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like a bearing noise but I'm not sure. They said that they were going to remove the swing arm today and try to figure out what it is again. In my opinion it's in the belt. I think the belt is defective. It reminds me of when you have a bad wheel bearing in a car. It only does it when the bike is warmed up. You can pull the clutch in and kill the bike completely and the noise is still there when your rolling faster than 10 mph. I've been riding for over 10 years and I've never had a bike make this kind of noise before.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Well dude all I can say is that really sucks... If that happened to me I would be pissed. The riding season up here in Calgary is only about 5 months long (comfortably that is). I hope they get it sorted out in the next couple days so you can enjoy your Highball. I love me a Highball :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts