Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have some interesting wearing of front tire on highball. Every other lug is getting very thin and the rest look good. Back tire is wearing normally. So after over 10,000 miles I guess it's time for new rubber.

Any advice on where to buy? I assume it wood be best to have dealer install? Point me in the right direction guys and gals. Thank you

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Sounds like the tire is cupping, what is your pressure? If it's only wearing on one side and your pressure is good than it's probably from straight crowned roads which means you need to find some twisties then drag pegs for a while!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, did a search on cupping and that seems to be it. I bought the bike second hand so no idea what kind of prior use it had. However with the higher miles and tread wear being bad on front left, that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
You can check the various motorcycle parts and tire outlets. I like motorcycle-superstore.com for tires but there are others. Then let the dealer mount them if they will or find an independent dealer to do it for you. If you have a lift and are comfortable working on the bike; you can pull the wheels and take them in to be done and save a fair chunk of change by doing so. Good way to get to know your bike too.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Definately get on some motorcycle accessory websites and see what kind of prices you can get. I used rockymountainatv and found tires with free shipping that cost me slightly more for the front and rear than just the rear would have cost if I had stuck with OEM tires.

Also make sure you don't mix radial and bias-ply, replace radials with radials.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Should I stay with Dunlop cruiser max that came on it or is there better options? Obviously I want to stay with white walls, any thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts