Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. My wife thinks of upgrading her 2015 Vegas 8-ball with 12" mini apes. Will she need extended cables + wiring? Anyone did the upgrade?

·
Premium Member
6,150 Posts
I'm pretty sure you will need longer cables.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked it and it looks like there is some slack in wiring and brake cable. Dont know about the throttle and clutch as they sit quite firm. But looks like it can be routed from behind the triple tree and the added height is approximately 4". So that's why i am asking for real life experience, before buying extra cables.

·
Premium Member
6,150 Posts
I know you can but 2" pull back handle bars on the Vegas with no problems. Someone with more knowledge will post in time. Better replies in the evening on Sundays, but someone will give you the information you wish. It's 11:03 am in central U.S.A.

Reactions: jassiak

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I believe that the +2 inch pullback bars for the Vegas (or other non-touring bikes) are the same as the standard stock bars for the Cross Country or Cross Country Tour. These are reasonably available since there are a lot of them gathering dust after being taken off bikes to allow installation of other bars (most notably the +2 inch pullback bars for the XC or the XCT). It is these +2 inch pullback bars for the XC or XCT that are extremely rare. I bought three of them and installed them on three of our four XCT bikes and wish I could find a fourth set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are looking at dean speed 12" titus bars. And trying to figure out if we need extended cables. Googling for answers brings mixed ones - some say we will be able to install with the existing cables and wiring, some says extension. So looking here for some wisdom from someone who did the similar job.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,228 Posts
I believe that the +2 inch pullback bars for the Vegas (or other non-touring bikes) are the same as the standard stock bars for the Cross Country or Cross Country Tour. These are reasonably available since there are a lot of them gathering dust after being taken off bikes to allow installation of other bars (most notably the +2 inch pullback bars for the XC or the XCT). It is these +2 inch pullback bars for the XC or XCT that are extremely rare. I bought three of them and installed them on three of our four XCT bikes and wish I could find a fourth set.
Different bars on steel frames. Cross Roads +2 is the stock XC and XCT bars.

Plenty of aftermarket +2 for your XCT needs. A metric tap set is all you need to attach your heated grips. I filed off the control cube pins to get position I liked. I thought you had helibars on the bike without the +2? Probably can sell those for at least the cost of standard +2 bar if you wanted.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I have helibars on my NC XCT and have the Victory +2" pullback bars on my FL XCT and my wife's NC XCT. It is my wife's FL XCT that has the stock bars and for which I would like to find the Victory +2" pullback bars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there. My wife thinks of upgrading her 2015 Vegas 8-ball with 12" mini apes. Will she need extended cables + wiring? Anyone did the upgrade?
I had a 2012 cross roads and added 16 apes and did not need longer cables. Pretty sure most victory's models are the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts